Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garden waste disposal in Cork?

Options
  • 06-04-2008 9:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭

Anyone know anywhere else other than the city dump for getting rid of garden/green waste? They charge €25 for it in the city dump which is a RIP-OFF.

Fortnightly rubbish collections make getting bags of grass and hedge clippings into the wheelie bin impossible as they are already full.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭Dizzyblabla

would you think of getting a compost bin? I know my parents have one at home and get wonderful compost for the garden from it.
    Take a look here, it says how the Cork Co. Council sell them for 40 euro's, more expensive than a trip to the dump yes, but cheaper than 2!
    http://www.corkcoco.ie/co/web/Cork%20County%20Council/Departments/Environment%20&%20Waste/Waste/Waste%20Minimisation/Composting%20Guide

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Had a compost bin in my old house alright. Haven't gotten around to getting one in new house yet. But even they are not useful when you end up with bags of grass and hedge clippings (6 black bags so far). Can't put all that into a compost bin as you need to balance what you put in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

down the steep hill in the grassy area in front of your house Ludo muuuahhh:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Or your back garden....it is full of sh*t anyway although those caravans take up most of the space :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

I know where U live boss :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement