Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 08

Options
  • 06-04-2008 10:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭

Hi Ladies and gents(who lurk around)

Any plans for the summer, are you looking forward to anything particular?
    Personally i hope for good weather, finally finishing college, maybe not be single anymore, lose a few pounds... holiday; might go home for 2 weeks, would love to travel around Europe for 3 months
    And most especially to be happy:)

Comments

I want to ensconce myself in Central Europe, NYC, London or Japan. I haven't started planning yet though. Whoops. I have a feeling I'll end up somewhere like Navan! ~sob~

I want to stay gloriously single.

If I stay in Ireland, then I want to make use of every social occasion, that I have never bothered with before. And dress up like a Lady as much as possible.
    I want to eat my own fresh rocket and between events I want to abscond to europe on weekend minibreaks.

Do you mind me asking what country you are from Min?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

3 months back in New York on an artist residency can't wait

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

so far, i have 3 festivals planned between may and august, all of which i'm *really* looking forward to. if i have money, i may even go to more!

i also have a weeks field trip to Denmark with my MA class, we're going to the viking ship museum and we're going to learn how to sail the replica boats!!! i can't wait, no clue about sailing so it should be great fun :D

then i'm going to Israel for two weeks (can't go longer due to uni :()to take part in some underwater excavations to get some more experience in the field

i hope to get LOTS of diving done over the summer too, as winter has been awful and the clubs over here that i've joined seem to be quite disorganised.

then i've gotta start planning freshers week for the Rock Society at Uni here in Southampton as i was voted on to the committee for next year. They have quite a big event, Rocktoberfest at the start of the year, so planning for that has to be done over the summer.

all in all it's looking busy, but i hope to fit in some weekend road trips and maybe a short trip to amsterdam in there somewhere :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I is off to NZ via two and a half weeks in Singapore and Malaysia.

I won't be getting a summer, just another winter.

My winter aka summer months will involve not working for about 2 months and travelling around NZ and getting to know people/places. Then I'll temp for a while and hopefully go to OZ for a month and maybe some other nice places.

Then I'll get my summer!

It's going to be a good summer (aka winter, seasons being different down there confuses me!)

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

I just had my sisters Hen party there on Friday night. Cracking night it was, as we had a gang home from the UK for it. (all gone home this morning) and the big day is the end of may.

Also have my nieces Communion in may, it'll be the first family communion since my own and that was 15 years ago so there is great excitement about the place.

Going to Paris for a week in july with the family (Am I mad or what) and staying in a Disney hotel so should be good.

>snip<
    My sister is turning 30 in august so myself, mum & other sister have arranged a surprise weekend away for her and then in September supposed to be going to Bestival but I dont think I'll have the doh cause my mate is getting married on sept. 11th.

Ok think I need to look into getting myself a 2nd job.

Anyone need a baby sitter or anything??? teeheehee ;):p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Reminder to please not mention any Gigs you are going to. I am editing out all the aforementioned ones to be safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

*stops lurking*

write and record and gig lots of sweet sweet music, then head to wedding in spain in July, then off to Cisco, Vegas & Florida in september...:D

*continues lurking*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Mrs_Doyle

Probably gonna go to Spain in May, for 5 days. I wanna hit the States this year, as I've never been before, and I think we're heading to Gran Canaria in August.
    Gonna try squeeze in a few mini breaks too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

watna wrote: »
    I is off to NZ via two and a half weeks in Singapore and Malaysia.

I won't be getting a summer, just another winter.

My winter aka summer months will involve not working for about 2 months and travelling around NZ and getting to know people/places. Then I'll temp for a while and hopefully go to OZ for a month and maybe some other nice places.

Then I'll get my summer!

It's going to be a good summer (aka winter, seasons being different down there confuses me!)

Oooooh Watna, don't underestimate the underlying effect on your mood that SAD has when you go from one winter to another... (see my sig). I did move this month last year, so I went straight from mid spring to mid autumn, but I nearly went BANANAS. Only when summer came did I realise how much of my inexplicable moodiness and tearfulness was down to just not having enough daylight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Oooooh Watna, don't underestimate the underlying effect on your mood that SAD has when you go from one winter to another... (see my sig). I did move this month last year, so I went straight from mid spring to mid autumn, but I nearly went BANANAS. Only when summer came did I realise how much of my inexplicable moodiness and tearfulness was down to just not having enough daylight.

Thanks MAJD. I'm not looking forward to the two winters. I don't know what we were thinking (yes I do, it was cheapest to go now!)

Fingers crossed I won't go mad!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭chuci

living in austria at present to brush up on skiing and to try to start snowboarding properly. will be here until june hopefully. when i get back home get my job back back to the hospital front line woo. get a few mini breaks in go out every night when i dont have to be in work the next day. hopefully be looking forward to starting a new course in dublin(will be relying on girls here to take me out for cake, dont know anyone in dublin:() try and squeeze in as much as i can which should be easy as i wouldnt have been home for a couple of months so people will want to see me :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭chuci

living in austria at present to brush up on skiing and to try to start snowboarding properly. will be here until june hopefully. when i get back home get my job back back to the hospital front line woo. get a few mini breaks in go out every night when i dont have to be in work the next day. hopefully be looking forward to starting a new course in dublin(will be relying on girls here to take me out for cake, dont know anyone in dublin:() try and squeeze in as much as i can which should be easy as i wouldnt have been home for a couple of months so people wi;; want to see me :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

ha, unlucky watna, though at least you're a skiing fan. im just getting into surfing, and the clocks are gone back, and the weather's turend miserable. winter, i just intend to get money together, stay on my boss's good side, and hope that she'll opt to let me stay in the country for another year... :/

nothing planned for me other than that. hoping to take a few days off work over the coming weeks to do a few surfing days, but other than that, got absolutely nothing going on till next octoberish.

at least ill get to get my pale skin non-tan back during hte next few months. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭rugbug86

Booking flights to Oz. Finishing college in May, getting results in June then flying off in July! Can't wait. Only for a holiday! Will hopefully decide what to do with the rest of my life over the summer. Eeep!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Festival Season! So far have two festivals that i am defintitely going to over in the UK, cannot freaking wait! I will have a few trips over to England to see freinds and family, hope to get in a trip to Iceland as well, that would be nice. A trip to the Dam is order and after that it will just be random stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭bills

heading to prague, vienna & budapest ! cant wait to get away from work.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,460 ✭✭✭✭fits

My ideal summer would be
    go off to south america for six weeks
    pass viva when I come back
    graduate
    land this job for which I have an interview lined up
    tell them I cant start until september
    and mess around/travel a bit more until then.

Of course I dont know any of the dates of when these things are going to happen... so its really difficult to plan *anything*. I think I'm just going to bog off to SA next week and come back when they start screaming for me.

I'm also going to the Picnic this year and hopefully the Life Festival and some more (dont worry windsock, they're safe..)

Dragan wrote: »
    Festival Season! So far have two festivals that i am defintitely going to over in the UK, cannot freaking wait! I will have a few trips over to England to see freinds and family, hope to get in a trip to Iceland as well, that would be nice. A trip to the Dam is order and after that it will just be random stuff!

R u allowed mention which English festivals u are attending? I may be attending one English one myself, we're still debating it. the Dam is good fun but dont go for more than 4 days, that was my opinion and most people I know agreed except the rabid stoners!:pac::pac:

So far Im going to numerous gigs in both Ireland, Northern Ireland and hopefully the UK.

Im going to London in early June for a weekend for some UFC and general being in London!

Hoping to return to Ios for 2 weeks. :pac:

Bank holiday weekends away.

BBQ's, swims in the 40 foot, footy matches with the lads, starting your saturday night in the back garden at 2 in the afternoon ;), beer gardens, wearing shorts (i hope, bloody snowing today!) and the usual goodness that goes with summertime! :pac:

Otherwise Im going to spend the rest of my summer looking for positives in my current situation of being under contract for 3 years and having to contend with my mates goin off travelling ot exotic locations while I have to wait 3 more years until my contarct is up before I can travel :(:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

R u allowed mention which English festivals u are attending?

Sunrise and Waveform. They have nothing to do with issues around here that i know of.

Dragan wrote: »
    Sunrise and Waveform. They have nothing to do with issues around here that i know of.

Yea i figured once theyre outside of Ireland its ok! Havent heard of those 2 but googled them, look pretty good especially the waveform one.

I was lookin at the Zigot festival in budapest but had to say no cos the dattes dont suit. Now we're lookin at going to reading in August...bit more commercial!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,460 ✭✭✭✭fits

I was lookin at the Zigot festival in budapest

Sziget? I'd like to go to that too. Or Burning Man.

fits wrote: »
    Sziget? I'd like to go to that too. Or Burning Man.

Thats the one! I couldnt remember the spelling so just went with how its pronounced!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭mollybird

oh think ill start off with a week in spain and then go over ot london to my mate and then travel some of the west coast of the states.... crap that was just a dream. looks like ill be stuck in fundalk working my usual part time job. going ot dublin a few times to see my O/H. least he gets to go to seattle in aug even if it is on business.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Buzz Buzz

Heading to NYC for two weeks in June, staying with my sis in Manhattan.. managed to score tickets to Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers in Madison Sq Garden on June 17th.. also taken a third week in San Francisco while I'm there.. Yayyy!! Roll on the summer!!!

Advertisement