Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a gas barbecue

Options
  • 06-04-2008 11:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Anyone know where is best place to view good range of Firefly or Outback barbecues? Also what should I be looking for when buying one?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Hopr

This does't answer your questions,but i purchased a gas three plate barbeque in the summer '07 and tbh the heat produced does not compare to a traditional carcoal barbaque.I need to preheat it for about an hour.I use Propane and you still have the same amount of cleaning afterwards.The brand is "Saraha" and was purchased in Woodies DIY.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭the GALL

I bought an outback BBQ about 3 years ago and it's the dogs I think it's the hunter it has 3 plates all on seperate burners it also holds the charcoal.there's a tray/shelf under the hood with a tempeture gauge It take's a while to heat up but thats have the expreiance of BBQing
    There's just enough room to hold all the food one side and plates on the other It's on two wheels so easily transportable and sturdy enough not to be blown over. There's also a removeable tray underneath the main body which will hold any run off from the food usually filled with sand.
    It's self assembly no tools needed and the wings(trays) fold down for storage
    I think the hunter is about €350

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

Cosmocolic wrote: »
    Anyone know where is best place to view good range of Firefly or Outback barbecues? Also what should I be looking for when buying one?
    Look online and consider importing it from US: at current xchange rates it is well worth considering

• Registered Users Posts: 14,991 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Hopr wrote: »
    This does't answer your questions,but i purchased a gas three plate barbeque in the summer '07 and tbh the heat produced does not compare to a traditional carcoal barbaque.I need to preheat it for about an hour.I use Propane and you still have the same amount of cleaning afterwards.The brand is "Saraha" and was purchased in Woodies DIY.:)

you must be doing something wrong - you do need to preheat but 10 mins usually is enough for me and cleaning is a doddle - just scrape off the residue and coat the grid with oil.

Advertisement