Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tí na nÓg Closed?

Options
  • 06-04-2008 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭

I wandered into town on Wednesday night and noticed that Tí na nÓg was closed with no notice up on the door. When I was in town yesterday I noticed that it was still closed. Does anyone know why? I would have thought that if they were closed due to a death that there would be a notice up explaining why.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭boardswalker

Rumour has it that the said pub has changed ownership.
    I heard it was for sale a few weeks back.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Shanley

The bar was sold, not definatley going to be a pub again though.

I just hope someone is looking after the fish while the new owners are deciding what to do!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Shanley wrote: »
    The bar was sold, not definatley going to be a pub again though.

I just hope someone is looking after the fish while the new owners are deciding what to do!!!
    Interesting! Thanks for the information. Why wouldn't it continue as a pub? Is it actually possible to not make a huge profit running a pub in Galway?:eek:.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Fracture

the costs of running any pub in galway these days is just massive. Its hard to make a profit anywhere these days.

Advertisement