Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 pounce on Smart Telecom

Options
  • 06-04-2008 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

I have just seen it on the Sunday Independent Website.

After seeing all the bad press about O2's Apple Iphone terms and conditions,I hope the deal don't go through. :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

It'll go through alright..............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

A link to what the hell you're on about might have helped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

I hope this doesn't happen!

I'd hate to be Oisin fanning right now. I'd say he'd hoped for something like this to come along, not to be bought out for €1.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

So it has had €90M spent on it since the near collapse.

Part of the on going consolidation. Expect another 24 ISPs to be bought. :)

O2 = Telefonica.

It's probably slightly better long term investment than Vodaphone's purchase of Perlico (LLU Infrastructure vs resold eircom bitstream), especially if LLU becomes more economically viable, but likely slightly more expensive than the €85M Vodaphone paid.

This is better for Irish Consumers and the Industry than if it is not bought out. Brendan Murtagh certainly won't keep putting in €40M top ups.

Smart Telecom hasn't enough exchanges (too little coverage) or profitability for Sky to buy it, like they bought a LLU operator in UK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

It'll mean better integration of mobile / landline and broadband products .. which I reckon is a good thing.

• Advertisement
Advertisement