Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

02 Mazda 6-drivers' door wont open

Options
  • 06-04-2008 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭

Hi Lads,
    As the title says, a friend of mine has a 02 Mazda6 Sports Touring edition and the drivers door wont open. It was working fine friday morning, was in and out of the car a few times then it just jammed. Wont open with the button, key, central locking, anything. Everything sounds ok, and theres no obvious damage to the door or anything.

I'm just wondering if anybody has come across this before? We brought it to the Mazda garage on friday, they wont be able to have a proper look at it til monday but they said it was gonna be costly, circa €1000. The biggest expense coming from actually getting the door off! Is there anywhere else I could bring the car? We're in the Waterford/Wexford area, any advice would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

sonners wrote: »
    Hi Lads,
    As the title says, a friend of mine has a 02 Mazda6 Sports Touring edition and the drivers door wont open. It was working fine friday morning, was in and out of the car a few times then it just jammed. Wont open with the button, key, central locking, anything. Everything sounds ok, and theres no obvious damage to the door or anything.

I'm just wondering if anybody has come across this before? We brought it to the Mazda garage on friday, they wont be able to have a proper look at it til monday but they said it was gonna be costly, circa €1000. The biggest expense coming from actually getting the door off! Is there anywhere else I could bring the car? We're in the Waterford/Wexford area, any advice would be great.

that seems like a ridiculus price for what is probably a simple problem. Have you searched on any of the mazda forums?
    www.mazdaforum.co.uk
    www.mazdaforum.com
    It might be quite a common problem and someone might have a cheaper solution.

If i was looking at a bill like that, i'd just try and remove the door card myself, you may destroy it in the process, but you could probably get another one from a scrap yard.
    If you had the door card off, getting the lock to open shouldn't be a problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭xanthe

I have had the odd problem in the past, with a secondhand car after leaving the garage. Personally speaking I'm aware that all secondhand cars have a guarantee on them for a certain amout of time after purchase. Look at documents of sale. Hopefully whatever is wrong with that car is covered under it.

Good luck and hope all goes well. Price sounds costly though...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

Ring up some indy garages too to get an idea of a quote. 1000 euro sounds excessive.
    As Senna said, have a go yourself if your facing a bill like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

sonners wrote: »
    We brought it to the Mazda garage on friday,

Stay away from main dealers and go to a reputable independant. If they can't help they might steer you in the right direction to somewone who can. I wouldn't advise going messing with it yourself unless you know what you are doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭sonners

Thanks for your advice lads. We went to 2 different indy garages on friday before we went to the Mazda garage (I should have said). They said they could'nt do anything because it was probably electrical and sent us to the mazda garage.

Think I'll have a check around the mazda forums and see what I can find :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement