Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4 quick questions about Galway City

Options
  • 06-04-2008 1:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭

Looking for some info regarding good spots in Galway City for the following on a Monday and Tuesday:

[*]Best bars/nightclubs on Mon and Tues? (Cuba looks good)

[*]Best restaurant? A good steak restaurant would be great or anything similar

[*]A good cheap sauna/spa place to detox and chill

[*]Are there any good comedy clubs open on Monday or Tuesday?

All of the above is for 3 lads in late 20's

Any other info thats relevent would be good too

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭Da Funky Munky

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Alessandra

Monday/Tuesday are mainly student nights. There will be lots of 18-21 year olds anywhere you go. Think GPO used to be the choice club for the youngsters. Cuba is the good old reliable though, always has a crowd. 2 Dance floors. different music on both.
      If you like late bars and good music (rock and altenrative), the Roisin Dubh on Dominick St has a late bar every night and usually is packed.

Best Steak? Not sure don't eat it. Cactus Jacks is a tex mex place(not sure of street). The Malt house has lovely traditional food. You could always try Mc Swiggans for pub grub..

Cheap spa? I dont know but I heard the Radisson has a SPA. Not sure how expensive though.

Comedy Club? Laughter Lounge is on Sundays AFAIK in Bar 903. Sometimes the Roisin has comedians.

Thats all I know on the matter I am afraid!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Stay in Radisson, they have spa
      Go to Cuba or Bar 903
      Eat at Krcma in Salthill or Park House Hotel, Forster street. Both have great steaks

http://www.cuba.ie/
      http://www.roisindubh.net/
      http://www.thekingshead.ie/index.php

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭scary_tractors

Radisson spa is v expensive... if ur just looking for a place to chill (rather than any particular treatments etc) you could go to NRG gym (just outside city centre) which has v nice pool, jacuzzi sauna, etc. I think about €15 entry for the day.

The Twelve Hotel in Bearna does spa treatments... also expensive... the Marriott has a spa, think its slightly cheaper than the Radisson.

If you're looking for comedy the Cellar (I think) does stuff on Sunday nights. Dont know of anything on Mondays tho. The Roisin Dubh often have good gigs on Tuesdays.

Foodwise Cactus Jacks is great, Druids Lane wine bar does great food (and BRILLIANT wine) and not v expensive. McSwiggans and the Park House both do great steak.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Last year the Raddisson Spa was €35 for half a day in the Thermal Suite. Well worth the cash IMO. "The Beach" they have in there is fantastic.

• Advertisement
    • Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Foodwise Cactus Jacks is greatQUOTE]

Sorry but it's not ...it's the worst resturant in Galway...If you want a good steak go to Oscars in Dominick Street or Mac Swiggans...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Fracture

Ever eat in the House Hotel? I've been out for food there twice and tbh I think its one of the best in galway, i've eaten in loads of places around galway and the house hotel would be in my top 3 list, fairly pricey but its well worth the cash. The steak is just so nice. Id recommend it to anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

Foodwise Cactus Jacks is greatQUOTE]

Sorry but it's not ...it's the worst resturant in Galway...If you want a good steak go to Oscars in Dominick Street or Mac Swiggans...

+1 More like Cactus Jax

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭Da Funky Munky

Ta for the replies

Ate in Parkhouse (very nice)

Clubbed in Cuba (Excellent)

Drank
      all over ;)

Galway is fantastic :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

you're lucky. we generally try to send people to the gay bar :D

• Advertisement
    • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

JIZZLORD wrote: »
      you're lucky. we generally try to send people to the gay bar :D
      In 1000 years time, that joke will have not aged a day. There will however, be a portrait of it in pook's attic, getting funnier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

has stranos closed down?

JIZZLORD wrote: »
      has stranos closed down?

Yeah, it did. Stage Door is still there though as far as I remember. And we have Twirleys now as a possible nightclub for those stag nights ;)

Y'know what? By all rights the gay bars should be paying us for this. I mean we have been sending them a lot of business their way.

Advertisement