Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Robin Finck back in NIN

• 06-04-2008 2:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭

Great news (for NIN). Robin Finck returns to Nine Inch Nails. Good move by Trent, that Aaron North guy sucked (imo). Not sure what that means for Guns N' Roses though. Here's a theory: Seeing as Velvet Revolver are all but said and done, Slash returns to GNR. Refusing to play any of the new stuff, this aggravates the remaining New-GNR members (who've wasted years now on the elusive Chinese Democracy). They either leave or get fired by Axl, opening the door for the remaining VR/original GNR members. They do a huge world tour, argue, then Axl fires everyone. Meh.....

Anyway, great to have Finck back..... \m/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Glad to see the back of him. I hope he stays with NIN this time. He wasn't fit to share the stage with Axl Rose and he butchered every goddamn solo he played.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

His live solos were frequently crap with GNR.

His solo in There Was a Time was very good though.

I loved his image in GNR too, is he going to go back to the goth look for NIN? (EDIT: I saw the pic on nin.com, he looks a lot more "goth" now)

Oh, and Slash said he liked some of what he'd heard of Chinese Democracy, I don't think he'd be as stubborn as to not play CD songs if they got back together, then again, that's not gonna happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

RonMexico wrote: »
    I hope he stays with NIN this time.

I'm afraid that isn't up to him :rolleyes:

I'm well happy to see him back, I long for a return of the Self Destruction tour line-up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

JC 2K3 wrote: »
    His live solos were frequently crap with GNR.

His solo in There Was a Time was very good though.

I loved his image in GNR too, is he going to go back to the goth look for NIN? (EDIT: I saw the pic on nin.com, he looks a lot more "goth" now)

Oh, and Slash said he liked some of what he'd heard of Chinese Democracy, I don't think he'd be as stubborn as to not play CD songs if they got back together, then again, that's not gonna happen.

If you are talking about the outro that is Buckethead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

I meant the first solo.

Buckethead's solo is far better, but Finck's is still good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭bobtjustice

North and Finck are both superb players. As long as he(Reznor) holds on to Josh Freese, I'll be happy enough as he's just amazing.!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

ohh Josh Freese should never leave NIN. He is amazing. I concur that North aint as great as Finck. The lineup is improving...

Advertisement