Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The GTA Thread

• 06-04-2008 2:27pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭

May aswell have a big thread for all GTA related stuff.

Is there anyway this game wont be abso-fúcking-lutely incredible?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

I haven't looked forward to a game this much since Resident Evil 4 on the Gamecube.

So, where's everyone gonna buy this? Online for cheaper or in the store on launch day?(and get shafted on the price - probably be the full 75 euro)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Definitly worth paying store price for this one I think. Not like it's that much more anyway between X-vision, Smyths, HMV etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

You'll get it easily in the shops for €60, worth the little extra to have it on release day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭Julez

Yeah, I'll be going for tescos

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

62 euro on gamesnash.ie with free delivery and they are sending it a day early so it'll arrive on time :D

I prefer online stores to retailers who usually try to rip people off or annoy me into getting a loyalty card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

It'll be cheaper than that in Tesco, PC World & Argos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Pacifico wrote: »
    It'll be cheaper than that in Tesco, PC World & Argos

Not by much if it is and I'll have it waiting for me when I get home.

Tesco aren't that cheap for new releases from my experience, Pc World, you'll be lucky if they have it for 360 from my experience.

That's with the ones near where I live anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Can't ****ing wait. My life ends till I finish that game, no time for family, no time for mates, no time for college, GTA is all that matters

You can see why i'm single :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

I lost a job and my social life when Vice City came out, i fully expect the same this time around, not quite sure why it didnt happen with San An but ive no doubt this will absolutley destroy my life :(

Ive the Special Ed pre-booked in GameStop where i get a 25% discount so happy happy days

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Melion wrote: »
    I lost a job and my social life when Vice City came out, i fully expect the same this time around, not quite sure why it didnt happen with San An but ive no doubt this will absolutley destroy my life :(

I played Vice city for about 17 hours straight when it first came out on the PC, but for some reason I never got all that hooked by SA either...

Gonna try to pace myself with this one though:p

I finish work at 3 on the Tuesday, so will be going straight to Tesco, then Xtra Vision if they don't have it. Failing that I'll pop over to Smyths (all only a couple of minutes walk away from each other)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

brim4brim wrote: »
    Not by much if it is and I'll have it waiting for me when I get home.

Tesco aren't that cheap for new releases from my experience, Pc World, you'll be lucky if they have it for 360 from my experience.

That's with the ones near where I live anyway.
    It'll be €50 in tesco, €45 for me booyah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

I'm looking forward to reading back on this thread in a month and seeing the build-up posts materialise into "OMYG did you see...." ones.
    Biggest gaming event this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭00sully

no spoilers here but its an interesting read

http://www.gamesradar.com/f/hes-finished-grand-theft-auto-iv/a-2008040412432960029

quote:
    "everything feels as if it's been given the next-gen treatment; in particular the driving and shooting are light years ahead of past GTAs. Overall, it's a stratospheric leap forward, beyond anything I'd imagined."

this reminds me of when i first put GTA3 in my ps2 - I was absolutely amazed. I only hope this has the same impact :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭ciano1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Bros123

ciano1 wrote: »

That won't happen now.The game is ready and probably being printed as we speak and EA would SERIOUSLY piss a LOT of gamers by doing that if they ever got their grubby hands on Take Two,and with the might of Microsoft and Sony who are shifting units with this game breathing down their necks I can't see it happening.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

ShaneU wrote: »
    It'll be €50 in tesco, €45 for me booyah

How do you know it'll be €50 in Tesco?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

^^ What was that about? Gamespot is blocked here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Fony Tenton

Stephen wrote: »
    ^^ What was that about? Gamespot is blocked here.

Since EA first made known its acquisition advances toward Take-Two, Rockstar North's Grand Theft Auto IV has played front and center in the back-and-forth. For EA's part, CEO John Riccitiello has praised the publisher, saying it is of paramount interest in the $2 billion takeover offer. Conversely, Take-Two's board of directors has positioned Rockstar's latest offering as the primary reason shareholders should refuse EA's hostile bid, saying acquisition discussions shouldn't even begin until after GTAIV's April 29 street date, so that, among other reasons, the company's full value can be better assessed.

Up to this point, gamers have by and large been unaffected by the two publishers' financial wrangling. However, as Wedbush Morgan Securities analyst Michael Pachter sees it, a successful EA buyout could have dire implications for the imminent launch of GTAIV on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. Appearing on Spike TV's Bonus Round (hosted by Geoff Keighley), Pachter said that were EA to acquire Take-Two, the publisher could conceivably bump GTAIV to the holiday quarter to maximize the game's profit potential and quality.

"I think it will be done and will be street ready [by April 29], but I think that if EA takes over Take-Two, they have an economic incentive to delay it," said Pachter. "If [Rockstar Games cofounders Sam and Dan Houser] feel that there's 2 percent more improvement they can make with an extra few months, then why not?"

Pachter also noted that the April 29 ship date is likely being forced upon Rockstar by Take-Two, saying "Take-Two financially has to get that game out. They don't have any wiggle room. They are going to be pretty much tapped out on their credit line and their cash position, so they need the money; they need to get it out. And they've got contractual obligations, I mean, Microsoft's paid up $50 million bucks for this downloadable content."

Advertisement