Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Taoiseach

Options
  • 06-04-2008 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭

Anyone have any info on what to say about the Taoiseach in the Irish Oral. I know it's definately coiming up but i'm not sure what to say. Does any one have any notes in Irish that they wanna share? Or anyone wanna give me some points in Irish that I can talk about? Thanks!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭bUILDERtHEbOB

Excuse moi mais je ne comprende pas la question.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Diarmsquid

Keep it fairly simple. I doubt any examiner is gonna be expecting us to go into great detail, like bank accounts and loans from friends.
    • Ta Bertie Ahern ina Thoaiseach sa tir seo.
    • Ta se ann le tri bliana deag.
    • An Ceadionn seo caite, d'eirigh se as a phost mar Thaoiseach. (resigned)
    • Bhi fadbhanna aige le deanai maidir le airgead agus an Binse Mahon. (not sure if that's how you'd say Mahon Tribunal)
    • Ta an-mheas ag daoine air mar pholaiteoir.
    • Is docha go mbeidh Brian Cowen ina Thaoiseach anois.

About 5 or 6 sentences should be enough I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭life_is_music

Fiosrucháin Mahon i think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Yep, definitely keeping it simple.
    I've prepared something similiar to the above except I'm saying:
    Beidh sé ag éiri as a phost ar an séu lá de Bhealtaine.
    Tá meas mór ag a lán polaiteoiri air. Deirtear gur duine foighneach, cumasach é agus go ndearna sé a lán oibre ar son siocháin i dTuasiceart na héireann mar shampla. etc. etc.

Just basic enough stuff like that.

Note: There are fadas on some of those i's and u's but my retarded computer won't let me put fadas on them >.<

• Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭KeyLimePie

Diarmsquid wrote: »
    Keep it fairly simple. I doubt any examiner is gonna be expecting us to go into great detail, like bank accounts and loans from friends.
    • Ta Bertie Ahern ina Thoaiseach sa tir seo.
    • Ta se ann le tri bliana deag.
    • An Ceadionn seo caite, d'eirigh se as a phost mar Thaoiseach. (resigned)
    • Bhi fadbhanna aige le deanai maidir le airgead agus an Binse Mahon. (not sure if that's how you'd say Mahon Tribunal)
    • Ta an-mheas ag daoine air mar pholaiteoir.
    • Is docha go mbeidh Brian Cowen ina Thaoiseach anois.

About 5 or 6 sentences should be enough I'd say.

Wow! that's actually amazing :)
    I'm os using that thank you!! All i had was chuirfeann nios mo airgead do daoine bochtana

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

This could lead into a piece about An Tíogar Ceilteach, and I believe there's a paragraph about this in An dTuigeann Tú.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kwekubo

The Mahon Tribunal = Binse Fiosrúcháin Mahon (don't put "an" before it)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭dip

For Bertie lovers:

Ni aontaim leis an gcine (decision) a rinne BA ar chor ar bith.
    Rinne se maitheas do gheilleagar na tire seo.
    Chuir se cosc ar thobac in aiteanna poibli.
    D'eirigh leis siochana a fhail sa Tuaisceart.
    Thosaigh se CAB mar iarracht stop a chur le coiriulacht sa tir seo.
    ta meas mor air ar fud an domhan mar pholaiteoir.
    Dar liom, is e an mheanchumarsaid is cuis lena chine.
    Bhi said a chra le bliain anuas agus nior thug siad Cothrom na Feinna do.
    Nior lig said do a chuid oibre a dheanamh, mar bhi siad i gconai a cheistiu maidir lena shaol phearsanta.
    Nil an Bimse Fiosruchan Mahon criochnaithe fos agus ni doigh liom gur tugadh seas do gach rud a mhiniu i gceart.
    Ceapaim go mbeidh stair cinealta do mar rinne se sarobair ar son na tire seo.

For those agreeing with his decision to resign:
    Aontaim go huile is go hiomlan lena chine.
    Rinne se an rud cheart faoi dheireadh.
    (list all the good stuff he did)..
    Ach ni doigh liom go raibh se macanta.
    Rinne se an rud ceart dar liom nuair a d'eirigh se as a phost.

Indifferent/No interest in politics:
    Nil moran eolais agam ar pholaitiocht na tire seo agus nil moran suime agam inti ach oiread.
    ta fhios agam go mbeidh BA ag eiri as a phost an mhi seo chugainn.
    Rinne se maitheas go gheilleagar na tire seo, ach fos ta a lann fadhbanna soisialta againn in Eirinn sa la ata inniu ann.. (lauch into spiel about drugs/alcohol/racism/crime/homelessness etc...)

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Peleus

wow, cool guys. This is a real help. The annoying thing is tho... i want to get some stuff prepared on Bertie, but just today, our examiner said "Don't worry, I won't ask you anything about politics". I think she means we should concentrate on the easy things like holidays/school and make them immaculate. I'm still doing a bit on Bertie cos ya never know! Thanks for this!!!!

Yep, you're right, its better to have something to prepared, and even if the examiner doesn't ask you anything on it directly, hopefully you can bring it into the conversation somehow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

Peleus wrote: »
    wow, cool guys. This is a real help. The annoying thing is tho... i want to get some stuff prepared on Bertie, but just today, our examiner said "Don't worry, I won't ask you anything about politics". I think she means we should concentrate on the easy things like holidays/school and make them immaculate. I'm still doing a bit on Bertie cos ya never know! Thanks for this!!!!

ya not doin french/ german this week and irish next??

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Peleus

SRFC90 wrote: »
    ya not doin french/ german this week and irish next??

Nope, i've Irish this week and french next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭failsafe

Diarmsquid/dip/Kwekubo, I hope you don't mind but I thought it might be useful to start putting these hints and tips together on the leaving cert wiki that a few of us are building (not sure if you've seen it yet).

I'm going to try get up as many hints and tips/expressions/useful words etc. as I can in the run up to the orals (leaving it late I know!). Obviously I've given full credit to you guys for writing the sentences that you did, but if you'd prefer please let me know and I'll take them down (or, because it's a wiki you can edit it out yourself!)

Have a look and let me know what you think, or feel free to add more to it if you like the idea!

http://www.zulunotes.com/wiki/index.php/Irish_Oral

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Diarmsquid

failsafe wrote: »
    Diarmsquid/dip/Kwekubo, I hope you don't mind but I thought it might be useful to start putting these hints and tips together on the leaving cert wiki that a few of us are building (not sure if you've seen it yet).

I'm going to try get up as many hints and tips/expressions/useful words etc. as I can in the run up to the orals (leaving it late I know!). Obviously I've given full credit to you guys for writing the sentences that you did, but if you'd prefer please let me know and I'll take them down (or, because it's a wiki you can edit it out yourself!)

Have a look and let me know what you think, or feel free to add more to it if you like the idea!

http://www.zulunotes.com/wiki/index.php/Irish_Oral

I'm honoured;)

Ditto :D

great idea!

Advertisement