Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who let the dogs out!!!??

Options
  • 06-04-2008 3:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭

I'm sure I'm not the only one who's noticed all the dogs roaming around UL...some with collars (and regular visitors to the SU shop area) and some not so regular with no collars.

One day I saw a beautiful dog with a face like this one http://www.doganswers.com/images/dog_picture-aggressive1.jpg half white/black face. He came running towards me as I was walking from the Schuman to the Foundation building, looked v.healthy and was really enjoying just running around on the grass. My first thought was 'I really wana take him home' but i left him to his own devices and went to my next class. I was thinking about him all day and then later on I was leavin the Foundation Building heading for the library and I saw a group of lads coaxing the dog into their lecture in the Concert Hall. I was totally raging that they thought it would be a bit of craic but i just wanted to go and give out to the lads and keep the dog with me....

Last Thursday I was walking from the Schuman to the Foundation at about 9.35 (lec finished early) and just behind the hedge where ther's like a maintenence car park or something there was what seemed like a very cross dog barking his head off...i was v.worried that a beast was going to pounce on me that I began looking for the nearest escape lol...

But to get back to my point, anyone know where they come from? I'd love to rescue them all but I have bearly enough money to feed myself never mind a couple of dogs.....

*rant over*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

I'm kind've disappointed after reading this I was thinking that it might have been in relation to Mary I.

I'd imagine a lot of them are strays or else their owners live in the nearby estates and they aren't kept locked up and left to wander around the area.

I doubt your landlord/housemates would be too pleased if you decided to take a load of dogs into your house.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

i didnt notice too many around, maybe im just not paying enough attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

There's one little dog who I'm almost certain is a stray. He's very small and old looking and black and white. He's normally seen hanging around the SU/Stables area. He's been around for the past 3 years anyway. Remember seeing him my first day of college!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

rmacm wrote: »
    ...I was thinking that it might have been in relation to Mary I...

I thought I was the only one! :D

I thought I was the only one! :D

Great minds think alike it appears although the only thinking I was doing when I typed that post was about when the pizza I'd ordered was going to arrive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

Plenty in the lodge last night too, no collars or nothing either. :pac:

Woof woof.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

cson wrote: »
    Plenty in the lodge last night too, no collars or nothing either. :pac:

Woof woof.

ROFL :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭Rineanna

There's a lovely labrador around Uni today; I've bumped into him/her on four occasions today, at four different places on campus! :D

Let's all share our "where I met a dog on UL campus" stories!;)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

There's been dogs around UL where Students eat their rolls for ages now.
    Down the road where I live there are several dogs that are let roam about all day and night, I've even seen them on campus. Lazy owners TBH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭aoife2k

I'm kind've disappointed after reading this I was thinking that it might have been in relation to Mary I.

I'd imagine a lot of them are strays or else their owners live in the nearby estates and they aren't kept locked up and left to wander around the area.

I doubt your landlord/housemates would be too pleased if you decided to take a load of dogs into your house.

:) Mary I!

It's an absolute crying shame that some people get animals and let them run around to get knocked down or attack people. There's a few absolute beauties roaming around with no collars etc etc... I'll be taking one with me next year! A girl on my course took one in. She contacted the Guards and all, put up posters etc etc...no one claimed him and now he lives with her and her landlord was sound about it.....<- majorly jealous.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

Cheers Rory!:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Fast_Mover wrote: »
    Cheers Rory!:(
    awww poor F_M. :pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

Rineanna wrote: »
    Let's all share our "where I met a dog on UL campus" stories!;)

Rory has a good few of these :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

Peteee wrote: »

Lol! :D

Do I really have to bring up the case of a certain Jabbaesque person who's name begins with K?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

Do I really have to bring up the case of a certain Jabbaesque person who's name begins with K?

Null and void, good sir. She didn't go to UL!

She might have gone to a lesser establishment across the city, though my memory is hazy, and I would much like to erase that night from my being.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Null and void, good sir. She didn't go to UL!

She might have gone to a lesser establishment across the city, though my memory is hazy, and I would much like to erase that night from my being.
    The dogs the OP alluded to don't go to UL either sonny but that doesn't negate any story of meeting them on campus now does it?

kaimera wrote: »
    The dogs the OP alluded to don't go to UL either sonny but that doesn't negate any story of meeting them on campus now does it?

I don't think he met her on the campus either, the point I was trying to make is that we've all had our indiscretions (some larger than others (figuratively and literally :) ))

Advertisement