Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

carrera banshee x 08

Options
  • 06-04-2008 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

hi anyone out there have any views on this mtb before i buy it thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

you get ALOT for your money, the marzocchi fork is great, good geometry, personally the only let down is the sram drivetrain IMO not near strong enough for freeride/dh use, but seem as its a entry level its acceptable, good truvatib BB, halfords must have got a good deal off sram:D

well worth the e1000 r so IMO, halfords have really improved their top end in the last 2 years.

what other bikes were you considering?? and what type/style of riding are you using it for??
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭osnoyl

thanks kona for info . im not going to do anything extreme just gettin out into the fresh air maybe do the trails in ballyhoura mountains .just lookin for a past time . so this bike might do me

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

if you are only starting id strongly reccomend getting a hardtail(not a full sus)

you learn better on them instead of just ploughing through stuff on a full bounce.

look at kona GT and carrera if your going the halfords road, all offer fantastic hardtails in the e1500 range.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

Have a look at the Giant Terrago disc, I got one of theese around 8 months ago, great bit of kit with hydrolic disc breaks

Advertisement