Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

answers/comments for pic quiz

• 06-04-2008 4:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭

so far correct answers are:

finn macools finger stones shantemon

bridge over annalee river ballyhaise

st pats college gates

bridge over kinnypottle river at bus station cavan town

pill-box sentry look-out near derragarra inn butlersbridge

drumlane abbey near milltown

farnham street georgian houses

lord farnhams head!! library cavan town

road sign at roundabout near bus station cavan town

new buildings near royal school cavan town

monstrosity apartments opposite egg market cavan town.........................

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭flanum

i think the last few ones i put up are tricky enough. the one with the crows especially..:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Gadjodilo

The third one in the second post is the memorial in Cullies (?) graveyard to the victims of the Saint Clare's fire in 1942.

well done... and the rest?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Steak

in the second post picture 6 is the first bridge on the bypass on the way to Enniskillen coming from the Dublin road.

picture 7 is Micky D's.

in the third post is picture 2 the bypass bridge over the river in Butlersbridge?

the others are dead tricky and I'll be interested in hearing the answers.

steak ur dead right in all...... next!

cud someone else stick sum mad ones up?

• Advertisement

was just about to take some today and my feckin' battery went. I might get a few tomorrow.

speakin of which, the battery in my canon ixus digital is on its way out, wont hold a charge etc. i priced one in the canon shop on main st, 60 or 70 euros the guy said and id have to wait a few weeks. i priced them on ebay and they are about 8 or 9 euros each!!!! i dont have a cred card or ebay account, anybody any idea where i could get one (for not 60 euros!!)?

the picture in post #4 is the metal railings dividing the bus station from St. Felim's national school.

tee hee, i think the bus window gave that one away!! im still waitin for correct answers for my last few pics!!! all in cavan!! all fairly well known!!

Steak wrote: »
    the picture in post #4 is the metal railings dividing the bus station from St. Felim's national school.

F**king excellent. I didn't think anyone would get that so quickly.

Yeah, I know you can see the loading bay of the bus but it's not obvious that it's the loading bay.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Bob N Along

1. Used to be Jacksons car park beside C furniture
    2. ?
    3. Lane going up to da half from main street
    4. Kinny Pottle at the Egg Market
    5. ?
    6. Breffni Park Gate 1
    7. New flats across from Breffni Stores
    8. ?

1. Used to be Jacksons car park beside C furniture
    2. ?
    3. Lane going up to da half from main street
    4. Kinny Pottle at the Egg Market
    5. ?
    6. Breffni Park Gate 1
    7. New flats across from Breffni Stores
    8. ?

dead right on all of those. didn't think anyone'd get them that quick. now who can get the others...

2nd one is the bench next to the white star. i have to admit, im stumped on the other two.
    now will i have to put the answers down for the ones i put up???

flanum wrote: »
    2nd one is the bench next to the white star. i have to admit, im stumped on the other two.
    now will i have to put the answers down for the ones i put up???

yep. well actually it's the one directly opposite that on the old Dunnes side. anyone any idea on 5 and 8?

i think the red shack looking thing must be either up the laneway leading from college street to crowes butchers..or.. up river street?

and right so.... my ones.... the church is at the olde post inn (cloverhill),
    the crows are on the sign as you come into ballyhaise from cootehill,
    the skull and crossbones are on bishop william bedells grave at kilmore cathedral near crossdoney.

i think the red shack looking thing must be either up the laneway leading from college street to crowes butchers..or.. up river street?

nope, afraid not.:p I'll give it a few days and I'll reveal.
    flanum wrote:
    and right so.... my ones.... the church is at the olde post inn (cloverhill),
    the crows are on the sign as you come into ballyhaise from cootehill,
    the skull and crossbones are on bishop william bedells grave at kilmore cathedral near crossdoney.

ahh I should've got the church but oh well. what's the story behind the skull and crossbones on the Bishops grave?

hope to get a few more snaps next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Bob N Along

PIc 8 : is the new post box at the front of Cavan Mineral Water.

the skull and crossbones was an early christian symbol i think..... not entirely sure on that. but i do know Bedell was the English Protestant bishop to cavan and translated the old testament into irish.

PIc 8 : is the new post box at the front of Cavan Mineral Water.

yep, you got it.
    flanum wrote:
    the skull and crossbones was an early christian symbol i think..... not entirely sure on that. but i do know Bedell was the English Protestant bishop to cavan and translated the old testament into irish.

I see, good to know.

ill prob stick a few on 2morrow, i think its a good idea to leave them on a week before giving away the answers if nobody gets them.:)

so ill try get that red shack thingy!!! oh wait............. is it on the dublin (broad) road near eamon donohoes garage?? used to be oconnors memorials??

• Advertisement

ill prob stick a few on 2morrow, i think its a good idea to leave them on a week before giving away the answers if nobody gets them.:)

so ill try get that red shack thingy!!! oh wait............. is it on the dublin (broad) road near eamon donohoes garage?? used to be oconnors memorials??

yeah it's that place on the Dublin road near Eamonn Donohoes alright. it's beside that gas and fireplace shop. I don't know what it used to be. it looks a mess though.

in post #6 picture 1 is the front of Storm cinema and picture 2 is of the island on the road up to tesco from Main Street.

in post #6 picture 1 is the front of Storm cinema and picture 2 is of the island on the road up to tesco from Main Street.

:(:(:(

Yeah. Both right.

Okay, no more Mister Nice Guy. :mad::D

steak beat me to it!!!
    hey gadjodilo, it might make it harder if you didnt print the pics in perfect order!! thats how i geussed the red shack, i imagined the direction you were walking by the pics you posted lol;)
    shuffle them up a bit!:p

steak beat me to it!!!
    hey gadjodilo, it might make it harder if you didnt print the pics in perfect order!! thats how i geussed the red shack, i imagined the direction you were walking by the pics you posted lol;)
    shuffle them up a bit!:p

yeah I thought of that when I had posted them. I'll mix it up in future.

post #7 is getting harder.

I think I know the first one but just can't place it, I think I'll get it in time though.

picture 2 is the church in Ballinagh.

is picture 3 that tractor place in Crossdoney?

haven't a clue about the 4th one.

yep, crossdoney and ballinagh so far so gud.

post #7 is getting harder.

I think I know the first one but just can't place it, I think I'll get it in time though.

picture 2 is the church in Ballinagh.

is picture 3 that tractor place in Crossdoney?

haven't a clue about the 4th one.

These are wild shots in the dark:

No. 1: Glanbia factory in Virginia?

No. 4: National school in Killeshandra? (I know I've seen it somewhere....)

post #9, picture 2 is the underground car-park of Dunnes Stores. very good picture. haven't a clue of the others though.

• Advertisement

post #9, picture 2 is the underground car-park of Dunnes Stores. very good picture. haven't a clue of the others though.

Correct!

Advertisement