Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car cleaning / valeting service recommendation needed...

Options
  • 06-04-2008 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭

Hi, I was wondering if people could suggest some high quality cleaning / valeting services in the Dublin area please. Ideally if there are any mobile services that would be appreciated too. It's for a car with a cream leather interior that has gotten quite grubby from moving boxes, smoking etc...

Thanks in advance...

Head

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Try Pat Browne on 087 260 2940. We use him all the time in work and he does a brilliant job.

Full valet won't be cheap though - you are probably looking in excess of €200.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭corrado

Try this guy quality is amazing
    http://www.detailer.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 puppy1

Head wrote: »
    Hi, I was wondering if people could suggest some high quality cleaning / valeting services in the Dublin area please. Ideally if there are any mobile services that would be appreciated too. It's for a car with a cream leather interior that has gotten quite grubby from moving boxes, smoking etc...

Thanks in advance...

Head
    Hi Head,

I also have a car with cream leather interior that was destroyed by my kids kicking against the front seats, etc. I was recommended a place called Valetline and I have to say I found them brilliant, my sister's husband is in the car business and he recommended them. They did an entire valet inside and outside in about an hour which I thought was great - they had a team of guys on the car - they have a special system that they use it's the first of its kind in Europe and they recycle the water which is obviously a plus! I paid €125 and I've recommended them to everyone since, the car is like new and it's 6 years old. You can also book online www.valetline.ie They have a lovely waiting area too so you can read the paper and have a coffee while you wait. I live in Loughlinstown and they're just up on the M50 (exit 15) not sure if that suits you but hope this helps!
    P.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭tyney

I see you are located in ratoath. Guy on fairyhouse road as you are heading towards ratoath on left after fairyhouse motors. easy to miss it. Did a good job on my cream cloth interior. Also very reasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

Auto Intelligence in Dunboye,
    086-3158173
    They're mobile and prices start from €80-€120

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

have these guys coming tomorrow, will post back results, did they do the boot, ie must i have it cleaned out?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

puppy1 wrote: »
    Hi Head,

I also have a car with cream leather interior that was destroyed by my kids kicking against the front seats, etc. I was recommended a place called Valetline and I have to say I found them brilliant, my sister's husband is in the car business and he recommended them. They did an entire valet inside and outside in about an hour which I thought was great - they had a team of guys on the car - they have a special system that they use it's the first of its kind in Europe and they recycle the water which is obviously a plus! I paid €125 and I've recommended them to everyone since, the car is like new and it's 6 years old. You can also book online www.valetline.ie They have a lovely waiting area too so you can read the paper and have a coffee while you wait. I live in Loughlinstown and they're just up on the M50 (exit 15) not sure if that suits you but hope this helps!
    P.

How nice of you to use your very first post on this forum to advertise for this company :cool:

FYI - I've used them and they were terrible, worst valet company EVER

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭highlandseoghan

Hey, I use this company called waves they do full valeting for €60 and its the best job ive ever had done. waves mobile valeting 0863105592

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Ronan H

brightkane wrote: »
    have these guys coming tomorrow, will post back results, did they do the boot, ie must i have it cleaned out?

I actually don't know if they did the boot or not, haven't had that conversation with Sis In Law, sorry about that!

Head

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭VeVeX

Anyone that would expect to get a good quality full valet done for €60 needs their head examined. I know some people are on a budget but youd be better off waiting a month or so and get it done by a reputable company.

I would question any Valet shop that's doing full valets for less then €150 and even at that it would be cheap.

Keith

• Advertisement

@vevex, what does price have to do with anything?
    are you one of these people who assume if price is higher then quality must be? I agree that 60 for a proper valet sounds weird but prices lower than 150 euro doesnt mean lower quality
    I got my car valeted at a very high price in what you assume to be a 'repuatable' place and the results were Cr*p. You're assuming because a company can offer a cheaper rate they must be cutting corners.. maybe they have a high turn over and can afford to tap into a new place in the market?

@brightkane, AFAIK they usually include boot unless you state otherwise thou seems a bit strange. you should ask them what they cover. Try get a list so you know what your getting for your money.

Yes I agree €60 sounded very cheap but I decided to take a chance and I would not go anywhere else now. After speaking to the valetor he told me it was because they have a contract witha major supermarket and the business they get from that end covers all there over heads.

Ireland is a very strange place, When everything is over priced we complain and when a company sets out to give great value to customers we complain with out trying the service that they must be cutting corners. Dont comment unless you have tried the service all I know is I get the same job done for half the price I was paying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭dunkindonuts

Yes I agree €60 sounded very cheap but I decided to take a chance and I would not go anywhere else now. After speaking to the valetor he told me it was because they have a contract witha major supermarket and the business they get from that end covers all there over heads.

Ireland is a very strange place, When everything is over priced we complain and when a company sets out to give great value to customers we complain with out trying the service that they must be cutting corners. Dont comment unless you have tried the service all I know is I get the same job done for half the price I was paying.

Does this guy shampoo seats? What does he do for €60? Does he wash outside, dash ...?

Sounds good to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Ronan H

As far as I can see from my SIL's car everything was done to a very high standard. The seats were leather so I dunno if shampoo is appropriate in that instance but they were certainly cleaned very well. The car had 5 years of business driving, coffee stains, food stains etc... and considering the state it was in it looked fantastic after it was finished. I'm not sure how much she paid, maybe I said it previously in the thread, I can't remember.

As for the price V quality arguement, it seems to be a common belief that higher price means higher quality, and I fall into that trap sometimes too, but it certainly isn't a rule to live by. As outlined by highlandseoghan earlier there is a valid reason why these guys are offering a service at such a competitive price, and in this particular situation it certainly does not mean lower quality, speaking from experience of course. There could be any number of reasons why companies are able to offer a competitive price for a service, the above being a prime example. I suppose we just have to be careful not to assume that a lower price means lower quality, and vice versa. Research is the key at the end of the day, go and see examples of the work, seek references from others who have used the service etc... The problem is that people are so busy these days that to do a lot of research takes a lot of time that people are not always willing to invest, so they make quick decisions based on not so solid reasons. Its just the way Irish society is, the rat race and all that... That's the way I see it anyway.

Head Soapbox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭markos79

G&S Motors on collins avenue opposite kitty kiernans do a super valet ,i had my car done by them last week and they done a top job on my car.They also cleaned my half leather half suede seats and they came up like new i would seriously recommened these lads to anyone.Their prices are very well priced too €35 for a mini valet,€130 for a full valet,call steven his number is 0876760764.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Guys there's a world of difference between a clean out and a valet. I seriously doubt that €60 covers a proper valet. Also you wouldn't get a whole lot done in an hour in my opinion.
    Tom Mc, can you add to this?

What's included in a proper valet? I'm not doubting that you don't get €60 worth of work, just wonder where the corners are cut.

Guys there's a world of difference between a clean out and a valet. I seriously doubt that €60 covers a proper valet. Also you wouldn't get a whole lot done in an hour in my opinion.
    Tom Mc, can you add to this?

What's included in a proper valet? I'm not doubting that you don't get €60 worth of work, just wonder where the corners are cut.

I'm also curious as to what specifically is covered in this.. most valets i've seen or hear of can be anything from 2-5hours work depending on what exactly you're getting done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭TomMc

^^^ I'm saying as little as possible on cleaning cars again on this forum (if I can help myself).

So all I will say is that I'd struggle to wash and fully dry a whole car properly (including wheels) in an hour. Let alone dress tyres or trim or even get near any part of the interior. Claying although not part of valeting as such can take an hour or two by itself. Washing, valeting, detailing is a broad subject like how long is a piece of string.

This is a detail - World's apart as you say from a splash & dash.

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=79859

€60 gets your car washed using the two bucket wash method, Dried using waffle towel, waxed, tyres and trims dressed. INTERIOR. seats - carpets and lining in roof was all shampooed and cleaned all trims were cleaned conditioned and polished I was even asked did I want a matt finish or gloss finish car vacuumed. door ledges and all surrounds all cleaned. All windows cleaned fresh sent applied to car. This service costs me €60 I find it amazing the first time they came as far as I can remember there was three ppl working on the car but now because I have them coming on a reguluar basis just one lad comes most times its done in an hour but it can take a little bit longer.

For me I find this service amazng and well worth the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭nialler

I paid €250 to beacon to do my S320, full day, arrived back at 5.30, guy cleaning air vents with a cotton bud, waited another hour until manager was happy, seat belts still wet, car would take 24 hours to dry, finish fantastic, not clay bar but good nontheless, the car looked stunning, then drove it out onto a building site, but going back, had a couple of mobile valet guys down, sorry but no, don't do the job properly, going to have to bring it back and get the carpets done and the whole thing properly cleaned and all impurities removed.

Any opinions on carcraft for bodywork ie minor marks from garage cleaning etc?

btw I do my meguires once every 2 weeks and wax it once every 2 washes not the 2 bucket method though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement