Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nose piercing problem..

Options
  • 06-04-2008 5:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

Well, basically i have "the bump" on my nose piercing as its called. It's been there for ages now, and it goes away for a minimum of a few days, but comes back again. It went away once for a week, after i accidently banged it 2 times in one day :eek: Its right above the piercing hole, and i THINK it may be a granuloma, as it bleeds often when i clean it, and its kinda purple. And it just seems to get bigger when i clean it :( I've done sea salt soaks but they didnt work and just irritated it further, and im flummoxed :( I really wanna just get rid of the bump for good. Any ideas/opinions, id be very grateful.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Best bet here is to go to a reputable body piercer and get them to check it out. The purple colouration you describe is a bit worrying. Maybe even go straight to your local GP and get them to sort you out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Cherryvega

I had the same problem with my double nostril, it was mainly due to the piercing being pierced at the wrong angle because I insist on poking the life out of every new piercing I get :p
    I was advised to do salt soaks once a day, it improved a little but it was still a noticeable bump. In the end I took both out and let them heal, it might be a case where it's best to take it out and get it done again, thats what I intend on doing :)

Advertisement