Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some bits and bobs

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭arnhem44

That wouldn't surprise me RDF,I would agree to be honest that it may be done that way.What I would like to pick up at some stage is a WW1 version properly stamped with year and maker but alas I'll have to wait for one of those.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭arnhem44

Here's a WW1 Princess Mary Christmas Gift Tin picked up lately,these were given to British soldiers in 1914.This had the kings African Rifles shoulder titles and officers pips in the box,also present are the Christmas card and small photo of Princess Mary,these are two of the items that would of been in the box,these are contained in a small old white envelope and I'm guessing that they are original and not the reproductions that can now be bought.The tin is in good condition,a little dirty and one very minor dent.

PrincessMaryChristmasTin001.jpg

PrincessMaryChristmasTin002.jpg

PrincessMaryChristmasTin003.jpg

PrincessMaryChristmasTin004.jpg

Advertisement