Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

KJW P226 gas problem

Options
  • 06-04-2008 6:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭

I was using my pistol today and it started acting strange. Normally I would get two magazines at least from a fill of gas. Today it started running out after ten shots. Each shot was accompanied by a whoosh and gas being vented out through where the shells would eject on the real steel version.
    I lubricated the valves on the mag with silicone oil and gave the inside of the slide a squirt as well before putting it away (had no time to test again).
    Anything else I should be doing?
    Any help welcome as this is my first airsoft pistol (ordered a WE 1911 HI Cappa R 5.1 this morning) and I don't want to do damage by neglecting something silly.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭birdman 1979

I have the same problem, i put some silicone oil in the mag and its still only takeing enough gas for about 10 plus shots. When i first got it one fill would last about 40 rounds. Help :eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Dont know if its related guys, but check out my post below concerning my WE luger, I didnt get a gradual reduction in performance though, just a sudden escape of gas each time.

Could be the same part going in the piston perhaps?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=55587642&postcount=30

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Fiach Dubh

Another likely cause is an o-ring is on it's last knockings. It could just be dirt in the gun causing a bad air seal. A full strip and lube with silicon might help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭rstans

Think I solved the problem. I was reading in another thread about someone who had a similar problem with a different pistol. Stripped the gun down, cleaned and oiled (silicon) everything and rebuilt. Squirted the valve on the mag with oil and made sure it was springing back easily. This seems to have cured the problem. Another thing I found was that if you warm the mag after gassing it helps a lot. I have a little heater I use when plinking in the garage to put the mags on for a few mins. Not practical if you're in the woods but putting the mag in a pocket for a while might help.

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Chunks

Hey Rstans,

Think you may have found the thread with my M9 problem in it.

I found that if I put silicone oil on the gas release button on the mag and leave it for a while it would start springing in and out quickly. The reason you were getting a large release of gas was becasue the valve was taking too long to close cos it was stiff, thus releasing all of the gas in one go.

Just keep that valve oiled up and you shouldn't have any problems.

• Advertisement
Advertisement