Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish Poker, where do we stand?

124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭mistabutta

i wouldn't have given a **** even if was phil hellmuth..i just wanted a link to a blog or something.. which i got

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

I dont know how hard it his to get sponsorship, but I was approach after my win in 2005 about a agent that would be able to get me some sort of deal, over the last 2 years I've been approach about twice and both times by people who our known in the business and can get sponsorship for players. I doubt anything would happen and I never let it go any further, but I did get the offers of writing for websites, mags etc. But the money was awful so I never wasted my time doing it.

As for Ireland, I think we do ok, nobody really knows how many decent cash players are actually around, but its growing all the time. I believe that most of the easy money is now gone out of poker and its good players v's good players, which makes most players edge very small.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Paul Spillane

A very interesting thread and one I have been following with much interest. Apologies I have replied sooner, I forgot my password.
    Im Paul Spillane, I was appointed the poker manager at Boylepoker in November, previously to that I set up Stan James Poker, previously to that I was a sports trader and many moons ago was professional poker player but quit just as the internet arrived.
    There are so many topics that need covering here so I am only going to address a few for now that Dagunman made in his original post.

Not sure how much any one person would know about how many Irish Players play above the 5-10 range. Many players disguise where their from and Irish players that I know that play these limits certainly don’t boast about it. I certainly know of over 20 Irish players personally that play bigger than this.

The fact that there were very few Irish players in San Remo either means they didn’t fancy playing in it or they didn’t qualify online for it.

It is certainly not our intention to **** over any player, Irish or not and I can safely assume that’s the same for PPP.

PPP also held an amazing Irish Open and though of course it raises their profile, PPP realise like we do that the Irish Open is an institution that needs not only preserving but that it should always be a ‘must go’ event on an already packed tournament schedule, mission accomplished I would say and good luck to them. The year they don’t want to be involved we will be their to take over. The Irish Open was a great opportunity for Irish players to test themselves against the best, not only in the main event but also in the side events.

The Irish Poker Team that took part in the poker nation’s cup is as good a team as you will find anywhere in Europe and with the exception of the States, the world. The fact is that none of them are under 25, which was probably the same for most of the teams. I doubt you could find a team consisting of under 25 year olds from any country that would match up to the Irish team and surely we want them to win?

Marty Smith is the first Pro I have ever sponsored and I can promise you he will not be the last. I will post more about opportunities to become a sponsored player in the near future.

I’m not sure I understand how you feel you have been let down but am more than prepared to listen and change that if I can, please feel free to contact me with ideas or suggestions.

Lastly thank you to sickpuppy, your description of the conversation you had with the Danish player still has me laughing now, thanks. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Grafter

Ireland: Now THESE are fun players. Irishmen are, without a doubt, the most aggressive players found anywhere on the face of the earth. They will take ANY chance to try and bluff you out of a pot, and it's damn near universal. I've never played against an Irishman who wasn't super-LAG. Some of them are good LAG's, most of them overdo it to the n'th degree. Must be all the drinking...

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=173929&page=6

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,404 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

any updates to this?

• Advertisement
Advertisement