Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway Fashion week??

Options
  • 06-04-2008 7:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭

Hahaha, I HAD to laugh when I saw the poster, lmao!
    Galway has what......10 decent boutiques? So what's it going to be, Women in Wellies wearing River Island and a hat shop hat? yeah...... I think I'll pass and go to London FW instead ta!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭sensitive_soul

Ah...I suppose the aul' Anthony Ryans will be taking part too....cant offend the country people can they?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Stick to the horsies and arts Galway.

WELLING MYSELF HERE!!!! NOW YOU SAID IT SHERIFU!!!!!!!!!!!!

They have Erin O'Connor here ONCE for the G show last year and they think they can pull off a Fashion week?? Yeah I cann see Yasmin,Erin, Naomi, Kate et al KILLING themselves to come over for this one!

THinking......... Naomi C is awaiting a hearing AGAIN....I believe her lawyer believes it'll make her look good if she gives charity and comes to a country fashion show, Aran sweaters and penneys galore!!!! Do you think they'll have a 'wheel of fortune' game and a horse shoe throwing competition!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

galway doesnt need a fashion show, what with our lack of indigenous fashion design industry. a few shops showing what they bought in doesn't merrit one.

• Advertisement

The section in Galway First makes me giggle too fashion in Galway...3 photos of people...ah here, doesnt everyone practically wear the same thing anyway?

They have Erin O'Connor here ONCE for the G show last year and they think they can pull off a Fashion week?? Yeah I cann see Yasmin,Erin, Naomi, Kate et al KILLING themselves to come over for this one!

THinking......... Naomi C is awaiting a hearing AGAIN....I believe her lawyer believes it'll make her look good if she gives charity and comes to a country fashion show, Aran sweaters and penneys galore!!!! Do you think they'll have a 'wheel of fortune' game and a horse shoe throwing competition!?
    You lost me at "WELLING", try to make sense when you post.

Oh excuse me dear sir/madam, I did mean 'wetting myself' it's very hard for one to type when they are suffering from incontinancy from laughter.

Hahaha, I just thought, they should get Twirley Shassey or whatever his name is to present!!! Classy!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

The section in Galway First makes me giggle too fashion in Galway...3 photos of people...ah here, doesnt everyone practically wear the same thing anyway?

LOL and everything is always 'funky'! Even thought it's usually not 'funky'. I wouldn't mind, but there are a lot of girls in Galway who always look really great, really original, but it's only ever River Island/Warehouse in the photos.

I remember when Warehouse opened in Galway and two girls who've lived in Galway all their lives did not stop talking about how great it was going to be for a week!

Having said that, I grew up in Cork and while it's better for shopping than Galway, it really is nothing special! I don't think there's a Cork Fashion Week though, so that's good!

• Advertisement

Funky probably in their words means "....God awful and I wouldn't be caught DEAD wearing that rag...!"
    lol but Warehouse is a hightstreet tack-fest!! It's so funny how people ravage new shops like that, hahaha then a week later theres chewing gum stuck under the hooks, blotted lipstick on the curtains and hight heel indentation marks all over the gaf!

janeybabe wrote: »
    LOL and everything is always 'funky'! Even thought it's usually not 'funky'. I wouldn't mind, but there are a lot of girls in Galway who always look really great, really original, but it's only ever River Island/Warehouse in the photos.

Oh and if I was photographed.....mine would Say Banana Republic, French Connection, L.K Bennet and say.....Linea *nods*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭galvianlord

Sensitive Soul, the above was done to celebrate the G's second birthday. It was funded entirely by the hotel to celebrate its third year of opening and thank those that had supported it since then. It came about in response to an offer by Philip Treacy to put his first solo show in Ireland on there.

Galway Fashion Week has nothing to do with the hotel so dont know who the 'they' you refer to are........

Sensitive Soul, the above was done to celebrate the G's second birthday. It was funded entirely by the hotel to celebrate its third year of opening and thank those that had supported it since then. It came about in response to an offer by Philip Treacy to put his first solo show in Ireland on there.

Galway Fashion Week has nothing to do with the hotel so dont know who the 'they' you refer to are........

Haha, have you read any of this thread at all?? They, meaning the people who put this Galway fashion week together, lmao!!! I didnt mention the G hosting fashion week doh! What I said was that Galway has a supermodel come once and it thinks it's elidgible to host a "fashion week".

Read the threads properly!

God, it's in the local papers all week...... lmao!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Are they going to have a Lovely Girl competition? :D

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Are they going to have a Lovely Girl competition? :D
    Careful there father, the others might get offended.
    God, it's in the local papers all week...... lmao!
    Easily amused much?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

^^^ wtf is that? And fashion week Galway? HA! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

I'm going to sign that email address up to all weird kinds of sh1t ... anyone got any links to where I can do this? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Haha, have you read any of this thread at all?? They, meaning the people who put this Galway fashion week together, lmao!!! I didnt mention the G hosting fashion week doh! What I said was that Galway has a supermodel come once and it thinks it's elidgible to host a "fashion week".

Read the threads properly!

So the city is sentient then?
    Locked.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement