Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World's most evil bosses

Options
  • 06-04-2008 7:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭

I'm beginning to think mine is spawn of Satan. So please, some encouragement in the form of your boss-related horror stories, everyone! I will respond with the worst of mine...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭SarahSassy

My last boss was so stupid and scatty she couldnt remember what she agreed to a week before.....

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

my last boss drove me out of the job I loved. He pushed me to the point that I handed in my notice. I wont go too deep into why, but I was out of work due to a death in the family and he rang me just after the funeral to tell me I had to go back to work. What a dick. we ended up very obviously hating each other to the point we passed messages to each other via the team leader.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Marz66

16.30 Thursday:
    Me: Would you like me to do x now and have it ready for tomorrow?
    Boss: No, no, there's no need, don't want you staying late to do it, i'll have a look at it myself

16.30 Friday:
    Boss: Have you done x yet??
    Me: *Explodes*

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

Sorry to say i have a great boss. Laid back, funny, takes us out for dinner, pays for the lot. Bought me and ipod with my name engraved last year and also gave me a lovely bonus last christmas. But i work very hard, never stop orking literally. Even when im at home i get phone calls from work and about work! But all in all my boss is one of the much better ones!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

My boss is great, very laid back and leaves you to it. Sounds great yeh, there is one problem, he is the meanest man in Ireland. Eg. he peals stamps off incoming post and re-uses them. He 'robs' other peoples lunches from the canteen!!?? Multi millionaire this guy..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭scary_tractors

... Wow there's a couple of good ones there. Mine tried to make me move an operation I've been waiting years for so she could go to a concert.

... Beat that!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Ivicia

... Wow there's a couple of good ones there. Mine tried to make me move an operation I've been waiting years for so she could go to a concert.

... Beat that!

Don't think anyone could beat that but i am in constant fear of the knife my boss wants to stick into my back.:D

Ivicia wrote: »
    Don't think anyone could beat that but i am in constant fear of the knife my boss wants to stick into my back.:D

I hear ya. I'm really beginning to think promoting ppl too young is dangerous - makes them so insecure that every employee is hated in case they're better at the job.

Ivicia wrote: »

My ex boss refused to give one of my workmates a force majore, when he was sent for as his sister lay dying.
    He didn't even get to go to the funeral.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭SarahSassy

Moonbaby wrote: »
    My ex boss refused to give one of my workmates a force majore, when he was sent for as his sister lay dying.

Oh my God!!!! Thats the worst I have ever heard... Thats pure evil. I would have gone anyway... ''Boo'' to the boss.

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement

Moonbaby wrote: »

Ok, he wins! That's horrific... I hope he told them where to shove the job. No job is worth that.

Ok, he wins! That's horrific... I hope he told them where to shove the job. No job is worth that.

He was a non eu national, and trying to be made permanent in the job as he would lose it otherwise under contract law. So no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

I have the best boss in the world.

I see him once a year for review. Then he lets me get on with my job. Couldn't ask for better!

Sorry op!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

I quit a lot of jobs because of very bad management. I can't bear managers who believe that you're lucky to have a job, or you should love the company as much as they do, but who will step out of confrontations between their staff, bully junior staff, micro manage senior staff and then indulge in arse-covering like you wouldn't believe when something goes wrong.

So I pretty much work for myself, (Though I have recently taken a part-time local job since moving to rural Victoria in Oz, because otherwise I'd see no other human being from one end of the week to the other).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

... Beat that!

I rang mine last week to tell her I was being brought into A+E and was not able to work. She replied; "What?! I really don't need this right now"! Then proceeded to bitch at me for having the nerve to need hospital care!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

I used to work for a man, oh god he was unreal to get on with, would have everyone in tears:(
    He made me pay to qualify, (we used to go to london but he normally paid for it) so I paid the €3500 and the day i came beck he sacked me:(:(

now am working for a lovely woman:) so sound and easy-going:)

MizzLolly wrote: »
    I rang mine last week to tell her I was being brought into A+E and was not able to work. She replied; "What?! I really don't need this right now"! Then proceeded to bitch at me for having the nerve to need hospital care!!

Hmmm.. I think yours and mine may be the same person!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭MsFifers

OK - so this story isn't as bad as not being allowed to go to hospital but I had one former boss who gave me a project to plan and manage which, when it would be rolled out, would mean more work for everyone else in the organisation.

When I had all the work done, he suggested we organise a meeting to explain it to everyone. I made the presentation to the rest of the staff (along the lines of "I know this will be more work in the short term, but the long term benefits for everyone will be brilliant blah, blah, blah..") - the boss stands up in front of everyone and starts saying it was all a crap idea, wouldn't work, would lead to chaos etc etc. The rest of them are all looking at him saying "Oh so you think its a bad idea. Sure, we wont' do it so".

I sat there, after my 6 months of work on it, and silently drafted my resignation letter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Lauragoesmad

The worst boss I ever had was not for what he said or did, it was for how he smelt!! He was the smelliest man EVER!!! And when he would try and show you something on the computer he would put his stinky armpit right at your head!! It came to a head one day when I actually couldn't help wretching while he was at my desk!! He must have never washed his clothes or himself! One of the other girls in the office used to describe his smell as "wicked!" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

My subordiantes boss is fantastic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭SW81

Some of your stories are horrific, are these people not human? :eek:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Sorry......i decided to take my rant down, you never know who is who in this place

I think your exactly right Irishbird.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

:eek: Some of your bosses need a good beating. You should never have to take crap like that from anyone, doesn't matter who they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭all the stars

... Beat that!

ha ha! Mine did the same!! :eek: And then didn't pay me for the time i was in hosputal ( me who had never used a sick day or been late) and then went as far to say she had done me a favour allowing me to have invasive & important surgery!! Pure gem that one -:D

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I used to work for a man who was a saint. Never ceased to thank me for working well, and believed that when it came to fcuk ups, to forgive was divine.

Now I work for my husband. Sigh.

(although after reading some of the stuff posted here, I feel that things are not so bad after all.)

My bosses are great , I have had a few right nightmares to work for
    I prefer to work for men as I've had awful trouble with women bosses

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

must say some of the stories are bad! im glad to say i like my boss, dont think i could stick it in a job where i didnt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 NewBalance

on a xmas do my old boss handcuffed himself to one of the more attractive young girls on our team and then during the night refused to remove the cuffs and went into the toilets with her - then tried to force himself on her... lovely married man with a young daughter... he was short and slightly ratty looking fella - watch out for short men with power

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Sugar Drunk

applied for an internal job a few years back. the boss chatted with me about the interview what I was asked, what I said, how they reacted etc etc. then afterwards went and applied himself and got the job after he had leeched all the info from me. what was worse he did not have the guts to go for it until he knew (from asking me!) there were only 3 subordinates and no peers in the running. spineless-

Advertisement