Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World's most evil bosses

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭kittensoft1984

my last boss was unreal.

He used to give me loads and loads of stuff to do with very little time to do it!!

then he would complain when i hadnt got something done and tell me priortise them! without telling me what he wanted done first! He would literally hand me 4 A4 sheets of paper with stuff to do!

he was impossible! hence why i left!

Thankfully now i have the best boss in the world! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭LouOB

I'm beginning to think mine is spawn of Satan. So please, some encouragement in the form of your boss-related horror stories, everyone! I will respond with the worst of mine...

does he/she wear prada?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭She Devil

Well im leaving my boss this week for this reason :
    Last year i had a miscarriage and was out of work for a week .. i came back to work and got on with things, didnt let it affect my work but it affected my relationship with my boss, i couldnt understand why but he suddenly got cold towards me!! One day he took me aside and said "You got yourself into a bit of trouble a few weeks ago, you have learned your lesson now so be careful"
    One day he commented to me that i had changed since i started going out with my boyfriend (i had been seeing my boyfr for bout a year before i told anyone) and i commented that maybe it was him that had changed, jealousy is a wicked thing!
    Anyway .. unfortunately i suffered another miscarriage towards the end of the year, my mom rang in for me because i couldn't talk for fear of crying ... she explained to him i had been in hosp and they suggested that i take a few days off that i hadnt lost my baby and if i took it easy i might still hang on to it. My boss rang that night and said if i didnt go in the next day that my job wouldnt be there ...
    I went in and sat at my desk .. crying in pain and humilliated !!!!
    I was admitted to hosp that night and i will never ever ever forgive my boss for what he did to me!! We havent spoken much since, when i handed in my notice last week he said "Ah what have i done now?"

Please put my boss in the top 5 worst bosses EVERRRRRRRRRR !!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

How people can prioritise their jobs over their lives is beyond me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭She Devil

WindSock wrote: »
    How people can prioritise their jobs over their lives is beyond me.

I didn't choose my job over my baby, but i did realise if things had gone well with my pregnancy i'd be no good trying to tackle a mortgage on the dole and no maternity leave!

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

She Devil wrote: »
    I didn't choose my job over my baby, but i did realise if things had gone well with my pregnancy i'd be no good trying to tackle a mortgage on the dole and no maternity leave!

of course you did. Your boss cannot make you go to work if you have a sick note and are ill. If he had sacked you would have taken him to the labour and won succesfully.

If you have been advised by a doctor to stay away from work, your boss is legally obliged to make sure you do not enter the premises for work.

One of my bosses tried that on me when i fractured my wrist, i told him to get real that i was medically certified for week and would be back and i would see him in court if i hadnt a job to get back too and he was a solicitor

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

Moonbaby wrote: »
    He was a non eu national, and trying to be made permanent in the job as he would lose it otherwise under contract law. So no.

Unfortunately non-eu nationals have brought this problem on themselves - the family member dying is used a lot especially to justify a weeks unpaid leave. Usually when you request a death cert it is 'not available'. Certain nationalities are actually banned from being hired in certain institutions in Ireland for all sorts of dirty tricks like taking sick days off to mind each others children and sending in other family members to work contract shifts. The story is never one way Im afraid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭lee_arama

Are evil bosses exclusively women hiring?

I had a tool of a boss, at a bar where I worked some years back. The guy was all about giving great liberty to the regulars and locals which ultimately put more work on me and the other staff.

EG: Attempting to cordon off a section of the bar which wouldn't be needed that night and then he goes off on one about how the customers should be allowed to sit where they want. I told him that they'd wreck the entire bar if that was the case and not just where I wanted them to sit - meaning of course that I'd have to clean more at the end of the night.

That's only one of many tales I could spin, and probably the only one I can post for fear of his family coming after me (they were all tools too bar the youngest son).

Basically the guy was living in the distant past and couldn't understand how modern life worked. The bar manager was sick to death of him and told me that there was no talking to the ****er.

Ah what can ya do though? There's people out there who think that they've no responsibility towards their employees...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Susannahmia

She Devil wrote: »

No offence but you didn't have to go back to work. You could have easily stayed at home and then sued his ass for false dismissal if he had fired you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 rosarosa

shedevil, that's the WORST thing I have ever heard happen to a female employee. Wish you all the best whatever you do from now (and with any future babies).

• Advertisement
Advertisement