Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Regular Table Quizzes

Options
  • 06-04-2008 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭

I'm looking for regular table quizzes in Dublin, preferably southside. I've checked out the Puzzles and Quizzes forum, but due to the low footfall there, I'm hoping for more answers here.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 neptunecomedycl

Try Leonards corner on south circular road. Sure I saw a sign up last time I was in there, but cant remember what night it was about.

Kieran

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

There's one in Russels (I think - the one near the spar) pub in Ranelagh, Tuesdays or Thursdays I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭Da Funky Munky

The Barge every Wed at half 10. The jackpot is upto 450 euros AFAIK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Toast in Rathmines also has a refular quiz afaik.

Think it's wednesdays.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

Captain americas (opposite the square) in tallaght on a tuesday night has recently been advertising them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

While we're on the subject anybody know of any in the city centre or NE Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Collie D wrote: »
    While we're on the subject anybody know of any in the city centre or NE Dublin?
    The Phibsboro House used to do one on a Tuesday I think. Beware though its full of old people and the old lady that runs it usually tells the oldies all the answers thus leaving the younger more intelligent people in last place. Manys a dirty look was thrown her way backin the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

There's one in Russels (I think - the one near the spar) pub in Ranelagh, Tuesdays or Thursdays I think.

There's one in Mc Sorleys in Ranalagh too on Thursday nights I think

Pighead wrote: »
    The Phibsboro House used to do one on a Tuesday I think. Beware though its full of old people and the old lady that runs it usually tells the oldies all the answers thus leaving the younger more intelligent people in last place. Manys a dirty look was thrown her way backin the day.

Ah, I reckon I could wipe the floor with them in the techno/speed garage round

• Registered Users Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭raheny red

For anyone on the NS. The Raheny Inn every Sunday night.

• Advertisement

raheny red wrote: »
    For anyone on the NS. The Raheny Inn every Sunday night.

Is that the small place beside the chipper? Not sure of the street name but there's a 4 Star Pizza on the same road

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Trinity college societies hold a good few in pubs in the centre..you'd have to go into the Arts block and check the noticeboards there though, or if you know someone in Trinity?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Unfortunately the world of Uni is well behind me. I might check it out if I'm passing however. Thanks for all the tips, if anyone thinks of more, please add them in.

Advertisement