Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

equipment advice: macbook soundcard good enough for recording?

Options
  • 06-04-2008 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

right, at d mo im using an ancient casio CT-700 into a dell inspiron 1300 laptop to control the free Native Instruments Koreplayer. the sounds that come with the kore player are good, expandable with d soundpacks u can get from native instruments, but d latency is drivin me nuts, plus d CPU overloads quickly. im hearing things about getting a new soundcard and RAM for d laptop, but im thinking of getting a macbook, is the built-in soundcard enuff?

im gona get d Komplete 5 bundle from native instruments, nybody else use dat?

1 more question, i couldn't get cubase 2 work with the kore player, i was trying to layer loads of different tracks using kore sounds but couldn't even get a recording level from cubase. i dont have much experience with electronic music, all iv used before was sibelius, so i dont even know how to go about setting it all up, any suggestions out dere?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

built in soundcards are intended for run of the mill joe bloggs' to listen to their mp3s/machine clicks, so no i wouldnt recommend any onboard sound... mac or pc

for your second question, you have the vst installed and youre opening it from within cubase as opposed to opening a standalone version? (to do this open cubase, open a new project, and when thats done hit f11, this opens the vst selection dialogue. from that select the vst you want)

when thats done, create a new midi track (right click on the track section and hit add midi track), and in that new tracks settings, set the output to the vst you opened

et voila

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

darklow wrote: »
    im gona get d Komplete 5 bundle from native instruments, nybody else use dat?
    yes i do. tbh i think the native instruments stuff is a little bit overhyped for what it is.
    check out rob papen's predator synth. that's real nice.

Advertisement