Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Abandoned house near Clonmel

Options
  • 06-04-2008 7:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭

On the way into Clonmel from the Waterford side, a few kilometers from the town centre (possibly between Kilheffernan/Moangarrif roundabouts)
    On the right is a big abandoned house just after a huge entrance to a house/castle which is not visible from the main road.

Anyone know what the deal is with the abandoned house? Looks a right job, couldnt be more than 30 years old

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Hazy64

[the story with that house is, prone to severe flooding and it has been sold and threwn up a few times. thats the main problem with it :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭wellbutty

Thanks for that, I wont put in an offer so :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭netopia789

yap and sameone was killed thare

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭clansman

as Hazy64 said, The house is built in a hole. next time you pass you will notice that the level of the road is higher than the house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭wellbutty

No wonder its empty...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭session savage

That house was built as a B+B. The first winter after it was completed it flooded so the guy who built it is sueing an Bord Pleanala for giving him planning permission.

Disclaimer.... thats what I heard anyway ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭archtech

The house was sold about 8-10 years ago and bought by a property developer, who had plans for a car showroom and hostel/hotel type development planned, however he ran into trouble with the local authority, because he imported a load of fill into the site to build up the levels before the decision was due.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭DT100

Someone was killed in that house????? I lived near there for years...cant recall that.....That is the house near the old school?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Don't think so. There wasn't anyone living in the thing long enough t be killed I'd say. I remember the summer it was built the the floods that came the following spring that eventually shut it down.

I didnt think so either......spent manys the summer swimming in a river near there.lol

• Advertisement

Hmm, the river Anner by any chance? I think that's the one that flows down by the side of the road between Medite and Bulmers orchards.

The Anner is the very one...Ah the memories are flooding back....good days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭Musha

Is it the Red Brick one? Fine House,

Just back from Ireland and stopped by the house to get a closer look as I hadn't seen it in years. Looks a lot more shabby then it used to and the west gable-end is starting to crack.

Tis manys the nightline i left on the bridge before that house....to collect on the way to school:D

Advertisement