Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick Question

Options
  • 06-04-2008 8:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭

How do you say ''I studied sliochts 6 to 10'' in Irish?
    and can you write in the phonetics on the sheet with the sloicts on it?:cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

I'd imagine they'll ask you what sliochts you studied, in which case you just say "Sliochteanna a sé go dtí a deich" ?

If you wanted to say you studied, then add in "Rinne mé staidear ar..."

I could well be wrong, so someone clarify if you know better!
    As for writing phonetics on the sheet, I was told that was allowed, but I'm really not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

Would that not defeat the purpose?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Diarmsquid

You can write phonetics, English, little doodles or anything on your sheet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭stripypumkin

cartman444 wrote: »
    How do you say ''I studied sliochts 6 to 10'' in Irish?
    and can you write in the phonetics on the sheet with the sloicts on it?:cool:

Rinne me na sleachta uibhir a sé go dti uibhir a deich!

D'ullmhaigh me uibhir a sé go dti uibhir a deich!

(sorry if im wrong)

and you can write anything beside the words!!

go n-eirí an t-adh leat!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭dip

You can write on a piece of paper

Sliocht 6 - ...
    Sliocht 7 - ...
    Sliocht 8-

...etc and hand it to the examiner, and he/she can then just point/pick one, makes things easier.

And yes you can write phonetics above the lines, I'd definitely advise it, even if you don't need it its reassuring to have them above if you get stuck.

Don't forget you have a minute to read the sliocht to yourself in your head before you begin.

Good luck :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭KeyLimePie

The examiner just knows what sliochts we're doing :P

• Registered Users Posts: 46 x_Ashy_x

write your name, date of birth, exam number n the sliochts your doing on a piece of paper n hand it to the examiner when u go in...thats what we were told t do anyways

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 tex mexx

KeyLimePie wrote: »
    The examiner just knows what sliochts we're doing :P

these people can read your mind y'see. yeah we were told to write it on a page. and phonetics are allowed. its pretty stupid but i aint complaining!:D

Advertisement