Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite restaurants around Leitrim

Options
  • 06-04-2008 8:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭

Yes, I did steal this idea from Sligo forum but I thought it was a great idea.

Shall I start? ;)
    Victoria Halls Carrick on Shannon - Gorgeous Asian food, lovely and fresh. Open kitchen so you can see the chefs cooking. Kid friendly, service was also top marks.

Al Mezza - Jamestown, Carrick on Shannon. Lebanese food. Everything is made on site and from scratch when you order. We had the "little bit of everything" sort of tapas idea. Came very fast and it was always explained what we were getting served up. Service very friendly, informative and very child friendly. Set in a cottage (bright orange) very cosy. Great atmosphere!

Can I just mention Miler's Restaurant Pettigo (I know it's Donegal). Best steak we've had since coming here.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tuppence

The riverbank in Dromahair, for a big night out. Chef is great. menu lovely with local produce etc.
    Then theres a wonderful curry house above the butchers near the Oarsman pub in Carrick. Its great. Somone might know its name.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭massey woman

Shamrai
    Over Beirnes butchers
    Food excellent staff friendly
    Recommended highly

Had a lovely meal in the hotel in Leitrim.I think it is called the Marina hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭massey woman

Great restaurant in The Shannon Quay West in Rooskey
    or Coxs Steak house Dromod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭tulipandthistle

Great restaurant in The Shannon Quay West in Rooskey
    or Coxs Steak house Dromod

I forgot about Cox's Steakhouse in Dromod! Thank you! Yes they have great food, staff very friendly, very kid friendly, fast service.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭becah

Favourite is CJ's in The Landmark, pricey but amazing food and service, and Cromlach Lodge (Sligo I know, but it deserves a mention!).
    Also love Victoria Hall (Singapore noodles, yum!), the Indian in carrick over the Butchers (think it's called Shamrat?) the Oarsman & the Larder in carrick for lunch, and Bruno's in Knockvicker for Italian.
    The conservatory in the Landmark is lovely for lunch and coffee too, can get a bit too hot though on a v.sunny day!
    Had lunch in Leitirm Marina once, was quite good, gorgeous location.

Advertisement