Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oh the shame!!

Options
  • 06-04-2008 9:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭

I went to get my ears stretched yesterday only from a 3.2 to 4- yes its small but do have 13 piercings and quite a bit of ink!

Anyway! So the guy tries to get the taper bar thing in and it just wont go in at all, baring in mind i had my old rings in for 2 months he was just as confused as i was as to why it wouldnt..

So he tried the other hole i was stretching and still nothing so i said he could just put back in my old ones and ld come back in a month but he said he'd try once more.

Then i heard the most horrible pop and the pain was horrible but he got it in and we decided to leave the other one.

But then i went to get up and felt so dizzy so i asked could i stay sitting for a minute and next thing i knew my girlfriend was standing over me calling my name.

I completly passed out.

SOOO embarrassed! The shame!!!!:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

nah i wouldnt worry about it. everyone faints sometime. it feels mental, doesn't it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

jeebus. You shoulda stayed put sitting down or lieing down.
    Did you eat earlier that day? I always make sure I've enough food in me so I don't feel weak.
    Shoulda left your ears alone :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭Shamanic

yeah ive never fainted before tho! yeah the last thing i remember was him saying il get you a glass of water and then coming round 5 minutes later!! i was so embarrassed tho!

Well least you were ok and didn't bump your head or anything like that :)

hopefully your lobe didn't get torn. I would be concerned about the popping noise. Usually reserved for piercing through cartilage or dermal punching. Is your newly stretched ear ok?

Wilburt wrote: »
    jeebus. You shoulda stayed put sitting down or lieing down.
    Did you eat earlier that day? I always make sure I've enough food in me so I don't feel weak.
    Shoulda left your ears alone :)

yeah id eaten and everything, i have my far share of metal and ink and i think that just makes it worse!! i can never go back again!

• Advertisement

dunno if you saw my edit but is your newly stretched lobe ok? popping noises I wouldn't be happy to hear.
    Ah by the sounds of it you toughed it out ;)
    I almost feinted getting a microdermal in using a blade. Had to lie down, was handed some water with sugar added or something. Felt fine after a few minutes.

well there was quite a bit of blood so i think there may be a slight tear..
    the holes are next to eachother but the newly stretched is a bit sensitive

If it were me I would go back immediately to 3.2mm (or whichever was your previous size), you don't want scar tissue to form where the possible tear is because it will make stretching a lot harder and more painful.
    Fresh stretches should never bleed...

Would ya mind telling me who stretched it for you via PM if ya don't mind?

will do now, hang on..

Yeah im tempted to go back to it alright but after all that its so annoying to have to go back down again...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

True, but it's pretty much guaranteed to cause you more trouble in future stretches if you don't give the tear room to heal. You're going to have scar tissue.

That's the problem with letting other people stretch your piercings- they can't feel it if something's going wrong!

• Advertisement

Gauge wrote: »
    True, but it's pretty much guaranteed to cause you more trouble in future stretches if you don't give the tear room to heal. You're going to have scar tissue.

That's the problem with letting other people stretch your piercings- they can't feel it if something's going wrong!

im not too sure there'll be future stretches now anyway- scared the s**t outta me!!:rolleyes:

Don't let it put you off :)

Aw, don't let that put you off! I've stretched 7 piercings to various sizes and with the exception of my septum which I need to keep downsizing, none of them have hurt. But I did rip my right earlobe at a very small size and to this day it's much, much slower to stretch than my left. If you go down, your ear will heal properly and you can decide how you want to get to the next size painlessly :) the fact you heard a pop will tell you just how bad a tear it was!

Trust me- stretching shouldn't hurt. It DEFINITELY shouldn't hurt enough to make you pass out!

yeah thats what i figured!! i have back piece done and the back of my leg and that was all a walk in the park, i figured it wasnt good if a stretch made me pass out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭!!!

For the record you really should downsize, asap.

Why be embarassed? When I got my inner conch pierced I was fine, sat up and payed and felt perfect. Then when I was walking out the door for some reason I felt like I had drank 10 pints of vodca. I nearly fell, put my hand up against the wall and shouted '****' at the top of my voice. I looked behind me, saw that the place was packed and everyone was looking at me. Instantly I felt perfect again [it was really strange], gave a goofey smile and walked out. I wasn't that embarassed when I returned. Piercers see it everyday.

Or bleed. Everybody has something like that happen to em at least once. For me it was my appa. So luckily for you it was only your lobe and nothing more sensitive ;)

yeah i got off lightly in comparison to what couldve happened, just crap coz my ears are at small enough size without having to go back down again, but i think DIYing stretching will be the way forward!

Shamanic, I really think you should go back to the place that stretched it and complain to them. Ripping your ear is absolutely appalling practise for someone's whose supposed to be a professional, not to mention causing enough pain to make you faint and jeopardising your future stretching. Did he even acknowledge the fact that he tore your ear? A torn ear = a ****ed up stretch, and if you paid him, it's very, very bad form. I certainly wouldn't give them the opportunity to do it to another person, I'd make damn sure that the studio knew they'd screwed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

ah, i feel for ya OP, i've done that before, getting my trag done. weird thing was, it wasnt even all that sore, i just had particularly low blood sugar that day.

and gauge, if i can ask, why do you have to keep downsizing your septum?

I've been trying to tape it to 4mm for a while, but whenever I get to a certain point it becomes really painful, no matter how slowly I do it, and the only way to calm it down is to go back to 3.2mm again. Really annoying. I don't know why it keeps happening...

• Advertisement

How long are you waiting between stretches?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

weird. i got mine pierced in decemebr, nad am up to 5mm no problems. though staying here for a while before i stretch up anymore.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Its pretty bad form that a piercer did that to your ear. I found the smaller sizes (up to about 6-8mm) very easy to stretch to, which makes me wonder was he using the right sized taper/jewellery in the first place??

Wilburt wrote: »
    How long are you waiting between stretches?

Well up until 8g it stretched itself. Then I waited about 2 months before I started taping to 6g/4mm. Twice I've had to downsize (and wait about 6 weeks the first time, I just started again and had to downsize already ) because of the 'sore spot' on the left side and I don't really know what's causing it, it just appears randomly :confused: oh well! I'm sure I'll get there eventually...

Gauge wrote: »
    Shamanic, I really think you should go back to the place that stretched it and complain to them. Ripping your ear is absolutely appalling practise for someone's whose supposed to be a professional, not to mention causing enough pain to make you faint and jeopardising your future stretching. Did he even acknowledge the fact that he tore your ear? A torn ear = a ****ed up stretch, and if you paid him, it's very, very bad form. I certainly wouldn't give them the opportunity to do it to another person, I'd make damn sure that the studio knew they'd screwed up.

hello again!
    No he didnt actually at all- all he said was oh a small bit of blood there, il clean that up for you.
    My girlf paid him when i was passed out coz they were trying to cash up.
    The only thing he did was give me the 2nd piece of jewellery for free which makes f88k all difference to me coz i have no 4mm hole for it.
    I am very tempted to write a letter, i dont think i could face going back to the studio after fainting which is stupid but you know what women are like!:)

jenizzle wrote: »
    Its pretty bad form that a piercer did that to your ear. I found the smaller sizes (up to about 6-8mm) very easy to stretch to, which makes me wonder was he using the right sized taper/jewellery in the first place??

i thought the same myself to be honest but i checked and it was, but he himself went and checked too-not exactly a vote of confidence but after the over all experience it falls in line with the rest of the situation!:rolleyes:

I understand. I'm not confrontational at all either (I HATE complaining!), but the thought of someone making my lobes bleed makes me very angry :) You should definitely write a letter!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

i nearly passed out when i retappered my ear to 4mm, i lost it for a few days and im pretty sure it was back at one like, i didnt really look at it.

Advertisement