Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SE W960i Opinions Please!!

• 06-04-2008 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭

I'm looking for some information on these and I'm wondering if anyone has one of these phones. I was really looking forward to this phone but have read some poor reviews online but sometimes they are over-critical due to the fact that they are 'spoiled' for choice! So i was looking for some boardsies who has one!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

i don't have one, but I think in this case the not so "overcriticat reviews make sense"...common sense, so I forfeit 1st hand experience:

it's their toprange music phone and HAS NO standard headphone socket!!!!!!!!! That's all I need to know after the disaster that was the w950 - remember that "topmodel"? You can buy for, like, nothin' now!!!

just check the SE-focussed forums like esato or se-nse... It's not "overcritical" reviewers only...the owners are very p*ssed indeed!

i'd love to buy a SE, really, but ...their high-end is a disaster at the moment! A w200 gives you more fun per euro than the drastically reduced w950i!!!
    The w960 will prob'ly be sold for around euro200 on expansys in 6 months! i bet my F700!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,076 ✭✭✭✭event

i too was looking at this phone

it has 8 gig of memory, and has touch screen, plus the symbian OS, as well as A2DP bluetooth

are they released yet?

how much?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Hi

Looks like a great phone and was thinking of getting one aswell, pricey though, would also look at N95 and even HTC Touch Cruise aswell

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

event wrote: »
    i too was looking at this phone

it has 8 gig of memory, and has touch screen, plus the symbian OS, as well as A2DP bluetooth

are they released yet?

how much?

the symbian is uiq - it's different from s60 3rd on nokias! Fairly limited support in comparison, and SE are about to ditch it, cause it, basically, flopped!
    The keypad's funny, no d-pad/stick!
    It's a phone you really want to try out before you buy it (I had a p990 and a w950...), and judging by the absence of the p1 from Irish networks' catalogue, I doubt they'll pick up the 960... (it's available though...check online)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭neilled

strecker wrote: »
    the symbian is uiq - it's different from s60 3rd on nokias! Fairly limited support in comparison, and SE are about to ditch it, cause it, basically, flopped!
    The keypad's funny, no d-pad/stick!
    It's a phone you really want to try out before you buy it (I had a p990 and a w950...), and judging by the absence of the p1 from Irish networks' catalogue, I doubt they'll pick up the 960... (it's available though...check online)

SE p1i available on o2. Availability seems low and whilst I haven't checked this months prices, last month it was going for above €200 or so. best buy sim free from overseas at that rate.

• Advertisement
Advertisement