Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baggies.........

Options
  • 06-04-2008 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭

So I am looking to get some of these does anyone know a decent place online,

They are around €50 in dublin just looking for some other options and see if I can get them a bit cheaper,

Anyone any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

gabgab wrote: »

They are around €50 in dublin just looking for some other options and see if I can get them a bit cheaper,

Anyone any suggestions?

You looking for shorts or long pants?
    With or without pad?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Anyone any suggestions?

I got these recently. Quite happy with em, decent quality.
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=9364

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭gabgab

Hey tiny,

Sorry should of been more specific,

I am looking for shorts, with the pad, ones that I can cycle into town with or down to the pub for a beer and be comfortable on the bike along with not looking a little strange in the normal walks of life..... :D:D

Actually after a read of some of the reviews of the Endura shorts maybe someone could answer this for me,

Is there any downside to just wearing cycling chorts and throwing on another pair of boardies over them??

Sorry not all that experienced at this and just trying to get as much use out of the bike as possible,

Thanks,

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Just that it can all get a bit much to be wearing and you overheat etc. I don't find cycling shorts generally that comfortable underneath something else. Note you can get padded cycling underwear which you can wear under whatever shorts.

• Advertisement

Hey Blorg, they sound like just the job for me, where would I get a pair of these??

Thanks,

Hey Blorg, they sound like just the job for me, where would I get a pair of these??

Thanks,

wiggle.co.uk, chain reaction, all the major retailers stock em.

here's a decent one from pbk

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

As Tiny says, most retailers stock them. They are sometimes listed under "shorts" rather than a seperate category. Aldi and Lidl also often do them very cheaply whenever they do their cycle clothing offers, I have some from I think Aldi that cost €4 IIRC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 757 ✭✭✭milod

Keep an eye on Lidl offers - I recently got a pair of baggies with removable padded undershorts. I also got some padded underwear there last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭bobtjustice

I use these man...

They're perfect, nice and comfy.! :D

• Advertisement

I use these man...

They're perfect, nice and comfy.! :D

If only I could fit the xxl... maybe in a couple of months :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 757 ✭✭✭milod

If only I could fit the xxl... maybe in a couple of months :)

They must be thigh measurements right?!
    XXL is 36-38!! They'd just about fit me... just...

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭bobtjustice

milod wrote: »
    They must be thigh measurements right?!
    XXL is 36-38!! They'd just about fit me... just...

I just went with the large, they come with a belt anyway, I think your right about the thigh measurement, the width of the leg is adjustable, so that must be what those measurements are.
    The shorts I got come down to below the bottom of my knee, and I take a 34" leg in trousers/jeans etc..!

Advertisement