Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I found an insect in a bottle of pepsi

• 06-04-2008 9:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭

I bought a bottle of pepsi last week and after taking a few mouthfuls I noticed there was a dead insect stuck in the lid, just a little bit bigger than an ant. I immediately spat out what I had in my mouth, for all I knew the bottle was full of insects. I thought I'd post it on boards so it reaches a wide audience considering they weren't concerned with my complaint.

There was no number to call on the bottle, just a postal address. I didn't fancy sticking a bottle of pepsi in the post box so I checked pepsi.ie for contact info. Guess what there wasn't any there either. I noticed it was bottled by C&C so I called them. Eventually I got through to an office and was told they're not really responsible and the company had recently divided up into various departments and they gave me a number to call. I called the number and I was told that I needed to contact a different department, and they patched me through. The phone rang and rang and rang, I got through to a voicemail and left a message with my phone number and I've heard nothing since.

There you go, the secret ingredient in Pepsi is infact insects. Sorry about the low res pic http://img340.imageshack.us/my.php?image=03042008033xa4.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Soylent green is insects

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

was it a cokeroach????:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

yuk! :(

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Can only improve Pepsi tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭Mick Shrimpton

Mingin...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Prefer pepsi to coke. \o\

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Same.

But seriously, gross much...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Obviously you won't find protein in the diet version.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,273 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

You should post it back

A friend of mine works in a Post Office - someone once put a Donegal Catch fish they were returning to Green Isle or whoever makes them in a paper envelope with no extra wrapping in the drop box, they nearly had to close the shop when they discovered it the next day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,397 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

you should send it back and see what the say... not really that bad since people eat insects everyday... and those celebrities with ant and dec eat much worse things

you fail at taking photos btw

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

pebbles21 wrote: »
    was it a cokeroach????:D
    Lol :D

OP: Send it back with some threatening letter, you'll probably get a free case of it or something.

Btw, Coke > Pepsi and it's not close.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,647 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

So... you gonna eat it or what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Susannahmia

Yeah I am always a bit wary of Pepsi. I once almost swallowed a metal screw that was in a can.
    I spat it out in shock and couldn't find it after so I couldn't even send it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭It BeeMee

I don't see what the problem is.

It can'y have drunk that much out of the bottle, you'd hardly miss it....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭buckfast4me

It BeeMee wrote: »

No it wasnt that the insect was drinking the pepsi, it was the fact there was an insect in the bottle in the first place. :rolleyes:

It BeeMee wrote:
    don't see what the problem is.

No it wasnt that the insect was drinking the pepsi, it was the fact there was an insect in the bottle in the first place. :rolleyes:

Wouldn't be worrying about him drinking it, he probably pissed in it too, the dirty bástard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

:D:D:D:D
    :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Pfft... thats tiny.

I was expecting some massive cockroach or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

its called pepsi max for a reason

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Sangre wrote: »
    its called pepsi max for a reason

Maximum bugs, no taste? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

maybe it's some sort of competition...

get a dead fly on your lid and win €10,000 :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Trojan911

Nephew wrote: »
    I bought a bottle of pepsi last week and after taking a few mouthfuls I noticed there was a dead insect stuck in the lid,

And?

Trojan911 wrote: »
    And?

.....there shouldn't be. :)

Did it land there after you opened the bottle? and then get drowned when you shut it again??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I found a huge lump of salt in a bag of Perri crisps a few years ago, I got a couple of boxes of crisps for my troubles.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭It BeeMee

Ruu wrote: »
    I found a huge lump of salt in a bag of Perri crisps a few years ago, I got a couple of boxes of crisps for my troubles.

I sent back a bottle of tequila once cos there was a worm in it.....
    Feckers sent me a box of worms!! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

A few years back I bought a pack of Silvermints...when I opened the foil top there was a dead/mummified wasp that was after making a good attempt at eating the first mint.
    Stuck that bad boy in the post with a letter of compaint....got a voucher for €20 and a box of assorted confectionery back, along with a letter telling me they didn't know how it happened , what the insect was (lol I know a wasp when I see it) or if it was they or the shop that was at fault.

No point in calling some call centre to complain (or in any company paying to maintain one to cope with small compalint issues like this)...write to them, don't stamp the parcel/envelope, it'll get to where it needs to go....then if they value you as a customer, they'll do something to keep your business, even if it is only acknowledging your complaint or apologising...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

I sent back a bottle of mescal once cos there was a worm in it.....
    Feckers sent me a box of worms!! :mad:
    fixed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

Years ago I had a cream egg and there was a huge manky hair in it so we sent it back (well my mam did coz I was about 7, lol) and Cadbury's were really good about it. Very apologetic. They even sent us the BIGGEST hamper of chocolate I've ever seen just to say sorry!

Every kids dream!!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

i got 30 pounds for finding an insect in an aero. op runs bad at life.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Spastafarian

That bug's not gonna do you any harm. Eat it.

I'd be more worried about all the sugar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭JavaBear

Still won't stop me buying pepsi when they give 50% more and sell it for 1euro :D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I bought a bottle of pepsi last week and after taking a few mouthfuls I noticed there was a dead insect stuck in the lid, just a little bit bigger than an ant. I immediately spat out what I had in my mouth, for all I knew the bottle was full of insects. I thought I'd post it on boards so it reaches a wide audience considering they weren't concerned with my complaint.

There was no number to call on the bottle, just a postal address. I didn't fancy sticking a bottle of pepsi in the post box so I checked pepsi.ie for contact info. Guess what there wasn't any there either. I noticed it was bottled by C&C so I called them. Eventually I got through to an office and was told they're not really responsible and the company had recently divided up into various departments and they gave me a number to call. I called the number and I was told that I needed to contact a different department, and they patched me through. The phone rang and rang and rang, I got through to a voicemail and left a message with my phone number and I've heard nothing since.

There you go, the secret ingredient in Pepsi is infact insects. Sorry about the low res pic http://img340.imageshack.us/my.php?image=03042008033xa4.jpg

Cha Ching!! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭TheVan

Donoghue v. Stephenson w00t!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Poor little fella drowned in pepsi :(

When I was about 7 I nearly choked on a lump of plastic that was in a brids eye fish finger.

• Advertisement

You think thats bad ! I was going to make a cup of coffee in the office which I seldom do a few months back and I looked into the open sugar bag to find loads of dead flies etc.... Haven't had a cup since ! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

How did it taste OP? Better or Worse?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭buckfast4me

KaG1888 wrote: »
    You think thats bad ! I was going to make a cup of coffee in the office which I seldom do a few months back and I looked into the open sugar bag to find loads of dead flies etc.... Haven't had a cup since ! :(

You think THATS bad.. Remember the time I got a salmon helmet from the prophet Mohammed while wearing a toga? Coming, Mohammed.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,353 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Now if it had been a worm, they would have changed you more! What's that Mexican liqueur?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 950 ✭✭✭EamonnKeane

i once bit into a biscuit and there was a piece of copper wire in it ... never bothered complaining

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Won't someone please think about the bug that passed away here.

RIP unknown insect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Nephew

I wasn't looking for compensation for a €1.50 bottle of pepsi but I thought they would at least appreciate the fact I was contacting them to say I found a insect in their product. From now on I'll stick with the premium brand colas like TK and Country Spring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

TheVan wrote: »
    Donoghue v. Stephenson w00t!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,174 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

♪ dohhhhhhctur pepper! Whats the worrrrrst that could happen? ♪

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Overheal wrote: »
    ♪ dohhhhhhctur pepper! Whats the worrrrrst that could happen? ♪

You vomit everywhere after tasting it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Holsten wrote: »
    Pfft... thats tiny...

THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID!!!!!!
    *gets coat*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,174 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

You vomit everywhere after tasting it?

I like a Dr. Pepper every now and then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

So what sort of compensation are you looking for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Nephew

Preferably a car, but I'd settle on an ipod.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Preferably a car, but I'd settle on an ipod.

good luck with that

• Advertisement
Advertisement