Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Odd window wiper/boot issue.

Options
  • 06-04-2008 10:18pm
    Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello! I've got a weird thing happening on my new (second hand) car. I bought it last sunday from a dealer. It's just been serviced and all is working fine except one thing which is really odd; whenever I turn the window wipers on to the 'intermitent' setting, the boot release opens! :confused: I have one of those buttons on my alarm key fob that lets you open the boot, so I figure there must be a mis-connection with the electrics somewhere under the bonnet so that whenever the wipers are on this setting, the boot release is triggered. I'm calling back to the garage during the week to get it sorted out as it's still under warantee and all, but I'd just be interested to hear has this sort of thing ever happened to anyone else before?:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

I presume the garage will have the advantage of knowing what type of car it is?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Without knowing make/model/year it sounds like a CAN problem. Knowing the car involved may help narrow it down.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Whoops!! Knew I forgot something in my post! Sorry, long day! It's a Rover45 Classic, late 04 (new model).:o

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

2004 Rover should have some level of CAN. You're best bet is to take it to some with who is familiar with Rover fault diagnosis.

Advertisement