Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Hackney firm to join?

Options
  • 06-04-2008 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hi guys,
    Just wondering if anyone has an idea what the most profitable hackney firm would be to join in galway? Looking to join one in the next month so I need to pick the best one. Procabs and Cara are prob the busiest but they might have a big number of drivers. So if anyone has any ideas, I would appreciate it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

rednose wrote: »
    Procabs and Cara are prob the busiest but they might have a big number of drivers. So if anyone has any ideas, I would appreciate it.

I thought busyness was good in the cab field... I gotta say I love Procabs. Cheap and sound...

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Hennybug

If you don't mind being outside the city, Ocean Cabs in Oranmore always seem to be really busy and have a really good bunch of drivers

Hennybug wrote: »
    If you don't mind being outside the city, Ocean Cabs in Oranmore always seem to be really busy and have a really good bunch of drivers

Doesn't exist anymore... bought out by Big O taxis.

The drivers have however set up their own cab company in Oranmore, but it may be a while before it's off the ground. Look it up however...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Cara should be busy alright with the location in the square. They're who I used in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Hennybug

Doesn't exist anymore... bought out by Big O taxis.

The drivers have however set up their own cab company in Oranmore, but it may be a while before it's off the ground. Look it up however...

When did this happen, i used Ocean recently and it was the same crew:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭rednose

I thought busyness was good in the cab field... I gotta say I love Procabs. Cheap and sound...
    Its all well and good being busy but if they have 100 drivers you wont get as much business as say, Cara cabs, who might only have 40 drivers.Thanks for your reply though and I do prefer procabs myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Hennybug wrote: »
    When did this happen, i used Ocean recently and it was the same crew:confused:

When you ring ocean it goes straight through to Big-O now and the office is closed; really is no way you can use 'Ocean' anymore as it simply doesn't exist!

Used Big-O awhile back - solely because I rang Ocean and got through to Big-O - and from Oranmore to Wellpark was 60% more expensive then what Ocean charged. the driver asked if that was the same as Ocean, when I tried to suggest "Actually, it was a fair bit cheaper" he replies with "No, I don't think so now in fairness".

Bottom line: Big O = rip off. Won't ever use them again. Will try that new place in Oran.

Will try that new place in Oran.

Ditto... It's all the old faces. And it's waaaaaaay cheaper.

I'd recommend looking into "Oran Cabs" as it is now called.
    (Beside Keane's in Oranmore Village)
    Reachable @ 091-787787 or 091 795795

Use 'em when you can peoples.... SUPPO YOZ LOCA' BIZINEZZ! (Support your local business for people who aren't from "DA O-SIDE")

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 GalwaySM

Hackneys are cheaper if they know your a local - I took one of Oceans cabs from Oranmore to town before they merged with Big O.....the guy tried to charge me 25 euros! I spent 18 years in Boston so he picked up on an American accent and figured he could take me for a ride - excuse the pun. Needless to say I told him where to go.

Advertisement