Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crysis

Options
  • 06-04-2008 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭

Not sure if this is the right place for this but I suppose it's graphics related. I've just ordered Crysis, only to see what it looks like and how my system copes with it. My system is:

AMD 6000+ 3ghz
    8800gt
    4 gb OCZ ram

What's the best I can get out of Crysis, medium settings at best?

Monitor is Samsung 22"

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

1680*1050 is the native res of that panel i presume?

I would try 1680*1050 with Texture/Shadows/Physics/Shaders/Water on high and everything else on medium DX9

If thats too choppy (and it will be pretty choppy) use the same settings on 1280*800 and see how you get on, you really don't want to turn the textures, shaders and physics etc below high or it will get very ugly very fast...

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭vestanpance

conzymaher wrote: »
    1680*1050 is the native res of that panel i presume?

I would try 1680*1050 with Texture/Shadows/Physics/Shaders/Water on high and everything else on medium DX9

If thats too choppy (and it will be pretty choppy) use the same settings on 1280*800 and see how you get on, you really don't want to turn the textures, shaders and physics etc below high or it will get very ugly very fast...

Yeah, native res is 1680*1050, any idea if I set it to that what I can expect the FPS to be?

20-30

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭extra-ordinary_

Crysis review. Looks OK, very like Far Cry, slightly better looking graphics, gameplay no better if not worse. More of the same IMHO. Don't waste your money on an upgrade just to play this mediocre game.

Slightly off topic!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

There are a lot of good config files, I have mine running at 1680x1050 all 'very high' with the exception of post processing and shadows on medium with my 8800gts (512mb one)....framerates 22-32fps. Not ideal, but enough to get by for the moment, and still smooth for the most part.

Use Cuban's config to get a better framerate at the same settings, I got about 4/5fps, which is pretty significant considering the relatively low frames in the first place. Plus the time of day mod included is great, environment looks much better.

without any mod's or tweaks, you should be able to run the game at 1680x1050 'high' settings, with a few mediums, without too much bother. It was very smooth for me at 1680x1050 all high, shadows/PP 'medium'....40-60fps, so the same settings for a GT should easily yield 33-53fps-ish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,411 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Not sure if this is the right place for this but I suppose it's graphics related. I've just ordered Crysis, only to see what it looks like and how my system copes with it. My system is:

AMD 6000+ 3ghz
    8800gt
    4 gb OCZ ram

What's the best I can get out of Crysis, medium settings at best?

Monitor is Samsung 22"

ffs ppl

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

to the op... once you get Crysis and install it then get this:

Crysis Benchmark Tool

I'd start by setting everything to veryhigh and benching the GPU benchmark. Then keep lowering settings until you get to a point where you have decent graphics and a steady 30+ FPS. I'd also bench the CPU test as well while you are doing this.

Overheal wrote: »

That site is almost as useless as the min specs printed on the back of the box....

Ran it on Dad's PC and it passed with flying colours (X1300 pro :/ )

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Fairly accurate site, says I can run everything on my laptop. :p
    Apparantly I have 1.5 gigs of video ram???

Advertisement