Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Closing the gates?

Options
  • 06-04-2008 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Does anyone else get annoyed by the pedestrian gates onto roebuck road, not the one by the faculty of law, that closes at 4 even though a lot of people are still in lectures till 6 or 7?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

no

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

UCD has a tend to close and lock gates at irregular intervals. The ammount of times I have been locked into the library by the wrong person locking the wrong door thinking it was their remit. I find its not often UCD policy but a decision of whoever is on. I know when I worked for contract secturity I'd cut corners, lock doors and gates if it made my life easier.

G

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Tayto2000

click ye heare to reade of Grimfe and his Epic Battle with thofe who would lock Artf early... :)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055019090&highlight=Services

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

em lets not thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

if you are talking about the gates further down Roebuck Road (e.g. the one that terminates rape lane) then they are closed early (e.g. before dusk) for security and student safety reasons.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭vetstu

mloc wrote: »
    if you are talking about the gates further down Roebuck Road (e.g. the one that terminates rape lane) then they are closed early (e.g. before dusk) for security and student safety reasons.

Yeah that's grand during the winter, but not at this time of year when it's bright till seven or eight o'clock.
    That new gate down at the bottom is a curse to climb over, the one at the road is a doddle. Still uch easier than walking up to the gate at Roebuck Castle.

Advertisement