Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox original softmodding service available in Dublin area

Options
  • 06-04-2008 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

I can perform original Xbox PAL softmodding in the Dublin area for 80 euros per visit per xbox. PM me for details. Finished installation will be with Xbox media centre or user preffered dashboard, dual boot and xbox live options are also available. PM me if you are interested.

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

RIP OFF.

Many will and already have agreeded.

Total expenses to softmod an xbox - 1 CD
    So thats a few cent isnt it.

Seriously, I (and seemingly witnessmenow) would do this for free if it didnt inconvience me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Slightly in his defense, for free I wont be calling to your house to do it!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,255 ✭✭✭ongarite

Unless he is getting a taxi there and back, €80 travel fee is a bit excessive.

Edit: What he said ^^^^
    Slightly in his defense, for free I wont be calling to your house to do it!
    Where does he say he calls to your house to do it?

He said it on the other thread.

Im not saying its a fair price! Look maybe he's driving an Truck, diesel is expensive... and if he has to go through the west link, thats what €6 quid each time? Parking for a truck in dublin city is a nightmare, and aren't they banned from the city centre? Awful.

BS are keeping you busy so i see!

• Advertisement

No their not!

If he drives a truck for the purposes of modding Xboxes, thats his own stupid fault. Similarly, if you think he drives a truck for the purposes of modding xboxes that points the stupid reasoning detector back to you!

Lets assume hes one of these normal people like most of us and he drives a car. If he uses the M50 or whatever thats a few quid, parking in town... why? If hes just picking up an xbox why does he have to leave the car? And if need be to park, its not gonna break the bank.

Lets just throw in some expenses here. Traveling costs, 15quid max. Parking costs, 6 quid max.... Im struggling to justify the other 59quid.

He doesnt collect them, he goes into your house and does them.

If you actually think that i think that he drives a truck then the "stupid reasoning detector" is pointing in your direction!

Time is also money i guess. He also said he'd set up a network with your computer. €80 is too expensive but sure if someone wants to pay him that let them.

If you actually think that i think that he drives a truck then the "stupid reasoning detector" is pointing in your direction!
    Stop acting 5 years old.

Ok, do it in the house so. Give an half hour to set up PC and network. Thats generous.
    Time is money, ok, but its still a rip off. 2 hours max to set up and mod it, but this guy is an "expert" so it should only take half that. Thats well over the hourly wage of anyone I know.

Back to the OP
    Do you change hard drives if requested? Eg. I want a 500Gb hard drive in my xbox. Will/can you mod it with the new hard drive if I provide the xbox and hard drive?
    I ask because if some one does get theirs modded for 80euro, and then decides they would like a bigger hard drive, is it going to cost another 80quid?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

Lol i got mine chipped and a new hardrive fitted 3 years ago for 80 euro... what an idiot...

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Tazer

This should be in Bargain alerts :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Agreed that it's shockingly expensive and it certainly goes against the spirit of the community. I got mine soft-modded a good while back for free by a generous member.

So in light of that €80 is shocking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 m2p2008

you cant modd a xbox becase micosoft whill find out whan you log into xbox live whan it doe a upgrade

• Registered Users Posts: 8,255 ✭✭✭ongarite

Sorry, that incorrect information.
    If you are using an NDURE based softmod with dual-boot functionality AND cold-boot an XBOX game (have disk in DVD-drive, power off and on XBOX) you can play safely on Live.

Anyway, the amount of people who play on original XBOX Live must be tiny, only a few HALO2 players.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭timmy69

Prices dropped and service still available: http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=52225

Advertisement