Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pass Maths...

Options
  • 06-04-2008 11:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭

...Im kinda worried about maths...
    Id we're doing stuff in a chapter and we're doing a good few of them, and I can see how to do it, it's grand, but then when we got back to them a few weeks later Im lost! I got 20% in the mocks, and Im really scared incase i dont pass, because i need to! Has anybody got any tips on how to make maths abit easier?! :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

...Im kinda worried about maths...
    Id we're doing stuff in a chapter and we're doing a good few of them, and I can see how to do it, it's grand, but then when we got back to them a few weeks later Im lost! I got 20% in the mocks, and Im really scared incase i dont pass, because i need to! Has anybody got any tips on how to make maths abit easier?! :(

I'm much the same when i go back to a chapter to look at it! Have ye got 1 of the revision books like less stress? they're quite good!

What i find helps me is writing out all the formula's i need for each chapter and practise a few questions using them! After repeating this a few times it'll stick....trust me!!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

may seem like im telling you that 2+2=4 but just do the exams Q's over and over again..dont bother looking through chapters..reading them is useless..Maths is the worse subject you can study for without writting.just keep doing the Question make a little table of each year paper 1 paper 2 the question and tick em off as you go along..Go back to bout 2000 then do em again if youve time..Maybe with so little time left id do like 07,06,05 or something and be sure to time yourself maybe after your first couple of questions.no use being able to do the questions with the book closed if it takes you a hour to do it..i think it works out as 30mins you have per Q...but that will vary i.e Question 1 paper 1 should be 20mins-25mins tops

Advertisement