Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Helicopter Hovering

Options
  • 06-04-2008 11:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭

Just wondering did anyone hear the helicopter tonight bout 11:30pm and know what was going on? I live in Raheny and there was one directly above my house for a good few minutes just hovering. It was real loud, I've heard helicopters before but this was very, very loud. I went outside to see, there were no search lights or anything and I couldn't tell if it was the Garda. I'd love to know...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Maybe try the Dublin City forum for a response.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

jimmay wrote: »
    Just wondering did anyone hear the helicopter tonight bout 11:30pm and know what was going on? I live in Raheny and there was one directly above my house for a good few minutes just hovering. It was real loud, I've heard helicopters before but this was very, very loud. I went outside to see, there were no search lights or anything and I couldn't tell if it was the Garda. I'd love to know...
    Probably the Garda (Alpha Sierra Unit) using thermal imaging to try to find an offender of some sort.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭santry_goonshow

I'm in Santry and on St. Patricks night when things were kicking off in Finglas with 1,000 MUppets in their flecky Man utd tops getting spaced out on 2 bottles of alchopops the 'copter was permanently perched over Ballymun, Santry, Finglas etc. I'd love to know how much it costs per minute vs how much the local off-licences make per minute by selling to underage kids.:eek: I feel a rant coming on:mad:

Advertisement