Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about paying off Credit Card

Options
  • 07-04-2008 12:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 49

Silly question, but just got my first credit card. Basically, looking to book a few things that will take me over my limit. Say for example my limit was €1000, could I go into the bank, put €1000 into my credit card account and therefore have €1000 in the account and €1000 credit so I could use my card to the value of €2000?
    Sorry for the stupid question but need to know asap thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,168 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

yes, thats fine. just remember the money won't be on the credit card straight away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭cazzy

Yeah you can lodge as many times as you want to your card and reduce your balance or even move into a credit balance if you lodge more than you ve spent.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

do this my self often, try and keep money on it so that the card is almost like a debit card, even get a slight bit of interest on it

;)

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Remember one thing though, if you put money into your credit card account, and your CC is lost or stolen, you will not be covered for any losses incurred from the money which has been paid on to it

Advertisement