Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bluetooth Hack in J2ME

Options
  • 07-04-2008 12:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

hi, new to here :D
    im trying to develop an app in netbeans 6.0 to show bluetooth security flaws as my final project. code is in a few weeks.

i was planning to make an app the same as the super bluetooth hack app available here http://java.xor.sk/?x=ftp_bt&en=0 but am having problems on how to do this.
    all im trying to get working is being able to take the other users phonebook and store it to a txt file on my phone. i have all my other classes working perfect such as bluetooth discovery etc.

ive been chatting to a few online but no great help yet lol

any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Mad_Max

You wanna code this in j2me i assume? So its basically just an UI you want to code that utilises your external classes for the info?

I along the right lines?

I done some work with j2me apps last year and i found this very helpful:
    http://today.java.net/pub/a/today/2005/02/09/j2me1.html

I reckon you should get everything in there if i understand your problem correctly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 input_output

yeah i am using the java api's for bluetooth (JSR-82). i have my UI created and my bluetooth discovery class working. so at the moment i can
    run the app.
    click connect
    search for a device
    and pair with it.

this is as far as ive gotten with that.

what i would like to do now is once i am connected to the device is to access the users phonebook and download it back to my phone and store it to a text file.

ive been reading like crazy to find information on this to try and find a way i would implement this in code.

i have looked at things like using pim and a few others but just cant seem to get anywhere with it.

id even be happy to be able to look through the other users files via bluetooth.

thanks

Advertisement