Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dublin=s**t (warning rant ahead)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

Raekwon wrote: »
    What the hell are you blubbering on about? I had to shop in the last 15 minutes BECAUSE I WAS AT WORK ALL DAY! :rolleyes: It shouldn't really take a person (even with half a brain) long to figure that one out. Also the employee was still at work (15 minutes before the shop closed means that the shop is still open) yet still starts shouting abuse at a customer and you condone this sort of behaviour? You don't work in Dunnes Stores on the meat counter do you Mr Happy :rolleyes

TESCO 24 HOURS is for people in your position, youre why they are open;)

yes i do condone his behaviour, and id do the same myself:cool:, and the manager probably gave him a pat on the back(usually happens)

shops dont want people like you , no amount of money is worth the ****e people with your attitude give......"i know my rights" and all that crap(most people who say this actually dont realise shops have rights too:rolleyes:)
    and im sure there is plenty of people willing to buy the stuff you left down, i mean bread is hardly hard to sell:D

I did give him what he wanted, I left the store and I do my shopping else where now mainly because of that muppet. Hopefully the manager gave him a telling off too because I don't give a toss who he is, nobody employee should be allowed to talk to a customer like that (fullstop!).;)

so you were starving coming from work, threw a hissy fit because sombody told you where to go, and got his way so best scenario, shop assistant wins 3-1 via 3 og's by yourself;):D:D:
    Btw there are only two condescending are*sholes in this thread and you are the both of them ;)

thank you:) Im used to dealing with customers like you:D you lot made my day:p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

BigWilly wrote:
    Sorry mate, but this just doesn't ad up for me. Are you sure it was 15 minutes? Or not like 15 seconds to closing time? And he actually shouted this at you?
    It sounds a bit...odd (read: made up).. to me, but why didn't you just complain? If you felt so strongly about it?
    Also, there's lots of shops open when people finish work. I didn't think there were many tesco's etc that closed before 9/10 these days. So why go to the one that was closing so soon.

What doesn't add up? I went to Dunnes Stores in St. Stephens Green SC at 7:30 to get a bit of shopping last Wednesday, I work & live close by so it’s convenient for me (no Tesco 24 hour in the city centre). Anyway I had everything I needed at around 7:45 and was about to go to the till until I was verbally abused by some muppet who works there (btw the store closes at 8pm so technically he was still working). That's it in a nut shell, if you don't believe me then that's you're prerogative, it is what it is.

@ kona: The OP started this thread because of people like you ;) Keep on posting, we are starting to get a much clearer picture of the type of people that work in the service industry in this country. My work here is done :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

Kona

Long list of things to pay for there. How were you going to do that ?

Taxes ?

Ok, right. Taxes - come from business & wage earners. IFSC = Financial Services = corporate tax + taxes from wages.

You reckon we should just build a load of stuff and f88k how we'll ever fund it. Wealth generation is essential for a funding infrastructure development. It doesn't happen overnight. Transport links are improving which will improve our ability to generate wealth which improves our ability to build public sector projects. So by saying fck the IFSC you're kissing goodbye to a whole raft of related public purse income....but yeah, go ahead...fck it all anyway

As for the whole "we're doomed i tells ya" rant. I don't believe a word of it. Sounded like paranoid nonsense to me. All those angry faces. Relax would ya.

@ kona: The OP started this thread because of people like you ;) Keep on posting, we are starting to get a much clearer picture of the type of people that work in the service industry in this country. My work here is done :p

well if the entire population of dublin did their shopping 15 mins before closing??? id be abusing everything, you have a window between 9am and 5 where i will bend over backwards for you, the minute you take the piss, ill let loose:D

ive noticed people who shop late and walk in like they own the place, they all have a attitude problem especially towards students, and think we are their slaves, Fcuk off, in 3 years ill have more education and more money than you so piss off:D:p

the ***** dont even say thank you:rolleyes:

maybe if these people wernt so condacending, and up their own hole and said thank you people in service industry will treat them better, its a 2 way street ya know;)

I am pie wrote: »
    Kona

Long list of things to pay for there. How were you going to do that ?

Taxes ?

Ok, right. Taxes - come from business & wage earners. IFSC = Financial Services = corporate tax + taxes from wages.

You reckon we should just build a load of stuff and f88k how we'll ever fund it. Wealth generation is essential for a funding infrastructure development. It doesn't happen overnight. Transport links are improving which will improve our ability to generate wealth which improves our ability to build public sector projects. So by saying fck the IFSC you're kissing goodbye to a whole raft of related public purse income....but yeah, go ahead...fck it all anyway

As for the whole "we're doomed i tells ya" rant. I don't believe a word of it. Sounded like paranoid nonsense to me. All those angry faces. Relax would ya.

spend it on the **** that matters, not poxy facy paving, not spires, not regenerating a dump into a modern dump etc, etc

hospitals were severly neglected:mad:

there was/is ALOT of cash in this country that is being spent on less important stuff:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭IRLConor

kona wrote: »
    you have a window between 9am and 5 where i will bend over backwards for you, the minute you take the piss, ill let loose:D

WTF do you think your customers are doing between 9 and 5? Working perhaps?

OP:
    It's perfectly possible to have a good night out in Dublin. You just have to:
    • Go to the right places. This takes practice to find out, but there are loads of nice pubs in Dublin even on a busy night. Hint: if you can't hear yourself talk in the place due to the music it's probably crap.
    • Don't expect good sit-down food after 9.
    • Don't expect anything after about 12.30 on a Sunday night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭IanCurtis

Fcuk off, in 3 years ill have more education and more money than you so piss off

Of for fcuks sake, close this thread before this fella humiliates himself any further

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Monkey61

To be honest the worst manners in Ireland from a consumers point of view is generally from foreign bouncers and barman. Obviously not all, but the worst definitely are. The opposite is true from my working in shops.

Irish customers lack the most in the manners department. I have had people throw rubbish on the floor in front of me, leave melting ice cream cones on the shelves, watch their children run riot, scream and abuse me if they don't get their way. yes the "I know my rights" brigade are the worst. Just because you've suddenly got a little bit of money does not make you intelligent. Personal insults are not big and they are not clever. And this isn't even from knackers - because quite frankly i expect no better from them.

Because of how I have been treated in shops and because I have been brought up to have manners, I always go out of my way to be nice to those behind the counter. politeness doesn't cost anything and people need to learn from that.

Working in a shop is a horrible job. Those who work in shops know this. Bare in mind as well that a hell of a lot of them are also probably working there while studying for phD's so they're probably more educated than you too. So give them a break.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

"....Fcuk off, in 3 years ill have more education and more money than you so piss off..."

Not unless you somehow manage to obtain a basic grasp of economics, grammar, manners, punctuation and various other skills which *might* help you in your future search for riches.

Condacending (sic) - You mean "condescending", which ironically is precisely what your nasty comment is a perfect example of, albeit based on a comical lack of self-awareness on your part i'd suggest.

Perhaps we're in worse trouble than I thought if you represent the product of our academic institutions.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

so in 15 years thats all they have spent BILLIONS on???:confused::confused:

****ing idiots,:D wow ifsc god thats really a benefit to me,:rolleyes:

I work in the IFSC and I'd like to know what your problem with the IFSC is!
    Sure, it cost money to develop the area but as a Dub do you know what was there before?
    I'm not from Dublin but even I've heard of Sheriff St and North Wall flats. Would you prefer they were still there?

Over 12,000 people work there, most of them graduates.
    Many paying mountains of tax, I get raped for over €1,000 every month :mad:
    And yes, companies pay a relativly low tax rate of 12.5% but isn't better to get a low percentage of billions instead of maybe 25% of feck all money? Do you study maths in college?

The IFSC was a succuss and believe me, the government are getting their investment back.
    Jaysus, politicans have little enough vision around here and you pick an actual sucuss story when you could have picked a hundred other failures?

You're posting ****e my friend!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭JoeSchmoe

**** ***** **** and ***** so i **** and then he went **** ******* ******* *******, what could I do about it?

well, i hope you all somday need a hospital visit and are left on your deathbed for hours surrounded by drunk scumbags:rolleyes:

bit rich coming from you lot to attack my punctuation and grammar, this isnt a report im submitting to a ****ing medical journal, its a message board, its INformal so, piss off and get off your high horses. im not going to improve it for you *special* ones

and people do* get days off, there are stores around to cater for people working shift etc, and in most cases people who work shift, or late have the cop-on to stock up, knowing not many shops will be open.

and if all this doesnt suit im sure you pass a garage on the way home:rolleyes:(unless of course you live in a high density hell hole, or on the 16a bus route:p)

micmclo wrote: »
    Over 12,000 people work there, most of them graduates.
    Many paying mountains of tax, I get raped for over €1,000 every month :mad:
    And yes, companies pay a relativly low tax rate of 12.5% but isn't better to get a low percentage of billions instead of maybe 25% of feck all money? Do you study maths in college?

You're posting ****e my friend!

sherrif is still a hole, as is the ifsc after all you lot leave:rolleyes:

and yes i do do maths in college, extremly complex equations, im waaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy past percentages:rolleyes:
    people like me design your cars, and most the infrastructure of your building:rolleyes:
    good to know eh:D

okay maybe the ifsc is a *success* for the people who work there, but how much use will it be if the country goes arse up????
    id rather better roads and healthcare.

people like me design your cars, and most the infrastructure of your building

MVO%20new%20building.jpg

070114_13_SNN_Rusty_Car_Tony.JPG

Good job! Keep up the good work soon to be millionaire :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

okay maybe the ifsc is a *success* for the people who work there, but how much use will it be if the country goes arse up????
    id rather better roads and healthcare.

As was said before and ignored by you :rolleyes: that you need tax revenue for your better roads and healthcare. Unless you borrow and nobody wants to go back to the 1980's when 20% of GDP went on servicing foreign debt (figures could be off, heard it on the radio)

So with thousands of people paying uber loads of tax then you can then use than money. Now imagine the IFSC didn't exist and we had 12,000 people on the dole or emigrating. Where's your tax revenue then?

So there.............ya scrounging student! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

Just a note - the IFSC is still a kip full of knackers. Just because they took the scum out of flats and put them in new townhouses around the corner doesn't really make that much of a difference.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

I have a few friends that grew up in those flats, who all turned out quite well, one is an accountant, the other a homosexual waiter, and the other lives in NZ as a chef. Proof that there are no excuses for the locals there, it's in prime location and they have access to pretty much everything. The majority of the people there are just knackers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    I have a few friends that grew up in those flats, who all turned out quite well, one is an accountant, the other a homosexual waiter, and the other lives in NZ as a chef. Proof that there are no excuses for the locals there, it's in prime location and they have access to pretty much everything. The majority of the people there are just knackers.

So a homosexual waiter is the pinnacle of human achivement?

Degsy wrote: »

:D LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 30,165 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Better to have a homosexual waiter as a neighbour than a knacker, I think you'll agree :L)
    Think of how many of Dublin's problems would be solved if, overnight, we could turn every knacker and Roma-Romanian beggar into a homosexual waiter. At a stroke, crime would be reduced 90%, and we'd get much better service in restaurants and pubs.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement

That would certainly be an interesting hybrid:

"D ya wanna 'ear bout t'days specials ya big dirty riode ya!"
    :pac:

and yes i do do maths in college, extremly complex equations, im waaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy past percentages:rolleyes:
    people like me design your cars, and most the infrastructure of your building:rolleyes:
    good to know eh:D

You sound like an idiot, like you're about 12 years old, yet you claim to be in college.

You've embarrased yourself numerous times with your ill-judged arrogance or ignorant views on the economy.

"Complex equations"...complex equations don't run the country mate, adults do - and you are a long wayyyyyyyyyyy from becoming one of "us".

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

odyssey06 wrote: »
    Better to have a homosexual waiter as a neighbour than a knacker, I think you'll agree :L)
    Think of how many of Dublin's problems would be solved if, overnight, we could turn every knacker and Roma-Romanian beggar into a homosexual waiter. At a stroke, crime would be reduced 90%, and we'd get much better service in restaurants and pubs.

And what if they stuck thier thumb in the soup?Wouldnt we all catch AIDS?No thanks,i like my waiters hetero.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,406 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

And what if they stuck thier thumb in the soup?Wouldnt we all catch AIDS?No thanks,i like my waiters hetero.

Afternoon, Mr Bush

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

MVO%20new%20building.jpg

070114_13_SNN_Rusty_Car_Tony.JPG

Good job! Keep up the good work soon to be millionaire :D

top picture is because some stingy bastard didnt pay enough, in anyways thats a builders fault, no building infrastructure there:rolleyes:
    so not my problem.

bottom picture is of a burnt out mitsubishi lancer circa 1995, this car was very popular and some are still on the road 15 years later:rolleyes: so if you are implying i had a hand in its design then im flattered.
    its burnt out because of some muppet thought it would be funny, and theres a even bigger gob****e in the car:D

if your going to attempt to take the piss, at least make it accurate, i mean isnt this what you aspire to on these message boards:rolleyes:

throw any more hissy fits in a grocery store lately???:D

IanCurtis wrote: »
    You sound like an idiot, like you're about 12 years old, yet you claim to be in college.

You've embarrased yourself numerous times with your ill-judged arrogance or ignorant views on the economy.

"Complex equations"...complex equations don't run the country mate, adults do - and you are a long wayyyyyyyyyyy from becoming one of "us".

get laid ya loser:rolleyes:
    complex equations do run the ****ing country, how do you think the internet was developed/run?? how your car runs??? how your computer works??? ow the server for this board runs??

i bet when you take a fecking **** you have to use somthing that involved a equation in its design/development/testing.

if your one of these "adults" that run the country then go help us, because you are a ignorant gob****e.

I only write like a idiot to come down to your level.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,982 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

complex equations do run the ****ing country, how do you think the internet was developed/run?? how your car runs??? how your computer works??? ow the server for this board runs??

i bet when you take a fecking **** you have to use somthing that involved a equation in its design/development/testing.

if your one of these "adults" that run the country then go help us, because you are a ignorant gob****e.

Oooh, burn!:eek:

Kona, I have an honours degree in maths and a masters in finance. You, on the other hand, are an obnoxious twat. You're too old for your sweet sixteen, but too young for a proper shag.

Another ban, ba da bing.

I suggest a revolver to the head.

That way your parents can bury you with some dignity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

LMAO.

This is like ****ing 8 Mile.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,406 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

IanCurtis wrote: »
    Kona, I have an honours degree in maths and a masters in finance. You, on the other hand, are an obnoxious twat. You're too old for your sweet sixteen, but too young for a proper shag.

Another ban, ba da bing.

I suggest a revolver to the head.

That way your parents can bury you with some dignity.

Pity you didn't do an honours degree in manners and common sense.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Advertisement