Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

More WWE/Steroid News

• 07-04-2008 9:23am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭

The Wrestling Observer reported this last night:
    Lead story on Atlanta news tonight could be major embarrassment to WWE and drug policy

Fox 5 in Atlanta tonight had as one of its lead stories, an item about a man who moved into a home he had just purchased from a WWE wrestler (whose name was not identified in the story).

He found who shoe boxes filled with steroids and Growth Hormone in a crawl space in the wall along with a copy of the wrestlers current contract and a memo regarding changes in te dress code.

They announced they weren't releasing the name of the wrestler who just moved until they spoke with him first.

Thanks to Scott Decker

Here's the article on the news website:
    Bottles Labeled as HGH Found in Locust Grove Home
    Last Edited: Sunday, 06 Apr 2008, 11:03 PM EDT
    Created: Sunday, 06 Apr 2008, 10:16 PM EDT
    Reported by Art Franklin

HENRY COUNTY, Ga. (FOX 5) -- Henry County Police are investigating what a Locust Grove man says he found inside his home.

He turned over to police several bottles that were labeled as containing human growth hormones.

The man also gave police numerous syringes and other materials that investigators say could belong to a W.W.E. wrestler.

"I had never looked in here and so she was gonna put her stuff in here and just looked back in here and the boxes were just sitting there," said the homeowner.

The Locust Grove man showed FOX 5 News where his daughter stumbled upon the disturbing find in the attic of their home.

"It was actually pushed over closer to this wall," said the homeowner as he pointed to a nearby wall.

The homeowner was referring to two shoe boxes that contained several small bottles labeled as testosterone, neomasteron -- which is also an anabolic steroid -- some bottles with no markings at all and there were numerous unopened syringes.

Asked what his thoughts were upon discovering the drugs, the homeowner said "well being the fact that I have children I was horrified because my kids actually play up in that room and so the first thing I thought is what if there were to open that and they would have gotten a hold of the stuff and the syringes."

The shoeboxes also contained personal documents with the name of a man who used to live in the house.

Among those documents was a contract from the W.W.E. and a memorandum to W.W.E. superstars in 2004 about the new dress code.

Henry County Police have asked FOX 5 News not to name that wrestler at this time because they want to talk with him first.

Futhermore, no charges have been filed.

Police are still investigating what the substance was in those bottles.

While it is not illegal for W.W.E. wrestlers to take steroids the W.W.E. Director of Publicity Kevin Hennesy told FOX 5 News "wrestlers can only be prescribed steroids by a physician which is rare and only for a specific medical condition and it is usually taken orally."

Hennesy added, "If a wrestler is injecting steroids for performance enhancement purposes that would be a matter for local law enforcement."

Investigators say they believe the wrestler is staying with relatives in another state.

Police want to question him and test the bottles of substances that were found in the Locust Grove home.

A lot of wrestlers live in Atlanta because WCW used to run there often. The fact that the steroids were with old documents might mean that the wrestler quit steroids once the wellness policy was introduced, because it's a stupid thing to leave behind. Still, once that name comes out there won't be many who will assume that

EDIT: Oh yeah, even if it is from before the wellness policy the wrestler could still face criminal charges if they had no prescription

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,341 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

The wrestler is staying with relatives in another state..... well, we know of at least one wrestler who is currently staying with relatives, and who has a drug history.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Tauren wrote: »
    The wrestler is staying with relatives in another state..... well, we know of at least one wrestler who is currently staying with relatives, and who has a drug history.

Jeff? His house burned down though, he didn't sell it. Don't think he worked for WWE four years ago either. Unless there's someone I'm not thinking of?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,341 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I was thinking of Jeff - but i don't know enough about his personal life over the yars. I know it was a 'double-wide' that burnt down, but i don't know how long he was living there for. I just know he is currently staying with Matt.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Hendo9

dont Jeff live in North Carolina anyway, not Atlanta? or am i missing something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Hendo9 wrote: »
    dont Jeff live in North Carolina anyway, not Atlanta? or am i missing something
    thought he lived i north carolina his whole life myself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

from another forum, not my list

wrestlers that live/have lived in Atlanta within the past 1-2 years

Raven
    Chris Benoit
    Lita
    William Regal
    Fit Finlay
    Lex Luger
    Buff Bagwell
    James Guffey- Jimmy Rave,
    Demolition Ax
    Great khali

i am sure some wrestlers have been left off this list

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

rossie1977 wrote: »
    from another forum, not my list

wrestlers that live/have lived in Atlanta within the past 1-2 years

Raven
    Chris Benoit
    Lita
    William Regal
    Fit Finlay
    Lex Luger
    Buff Bagwell
    James Guffey- Jimmy Rave,
    Demolition Ax
    Great khali

i am sure some wrestlers have been left off this list

Oh please don't let it be him, not this again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Finlay does seem in great shape for someone his age

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

orestes wrote: »
    Oh please don't let it be him, not this again

Well it can't be Chris Benoit just by going what it says in the report.

Regal is my pick.

Also WWE haven't put this up in their industry news section yet. Funny how that works.

Well it can't be Chris Benoit just by going what it says in the report.

Regal is my pick.

That's who I thought too actually. I guess the consequences won't be too much in that case, as WWE will just say that he was suspended over steroids before (even if it wasn't them who caught him) and the media can't really use him as an example of an unrealistic physique that will affect kids' minds

• Advertisement

I don't think this will be a big story really either. Wrestling is yesterdays news and who knows what is the back story to all of this.

I think it's Regal for the obvious reasons why someone would but also the stash in the wall sounds like a very English thing to do to me! I'm sure we'll know soon enough though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Sounds like something an english person would do?, what?, a person of any nationality could do that to be fair, and it seems like it was awhile back the wrestler could be somebody that might not demand alot of attention, wait and see

EdK wrote: »
    Sounds like something an english person would do?, what

It was a joke and to be be fair maybe not a good 1. To explain it though, I spent a fair proportion of my childhood watching British soaps where people would stash things in corners and bury bodies underneath floorboards. Obviously you shouldn't judge a nation based on that! But that's where the comment came from I guess.

Your joke was a joke :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

I don't think this will be a big story really either. Wrestling is yesterdays news and who knows what is the back story to all of this.

I think it's Regal for the obvious reasons why someone would but also the stash in the wall sounds like a very English thing to do to me! I'm sure we'll know soon enough though.

American's would be too stupid to even think about that :p

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭djfitzerjnr

what was jeff suspended for last time anyways? was it drugs or steroids??

what was jeff suspended for last time anyways? was it drugs or steroids??

It was never said, but the belief is that it wasn't steroids

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

i hope its khali and he gets sent back to india never to return again =)

hope its not finley or regal :(

The following is from wsbtv.com:

LOCUST GROVE, Ga. -- A Henry County man claims he found a stash of steroids hidden in the attic of a house where a professional wrestler once lived.

Paperwork in the boxes could link them to wrestler Mike Knox, according to police

Disappointing lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

His wiki page has already been updated with the info

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Knox

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭john concannon

Thank gawd it's only Mike Knox.We can enjoy some more classic Khali promos.
    AWESOME!:)

It's been reported that there were three other wrestlers living with him, so while the documents were his, the steroids may not be (although it does seem likely that they are). WWE says that Mike denies that they're his

Developmentals surely?

EdK wrote: »
    Developmentals surely?

More than likely, the house is in the same area as Deep South Wrestling used to run. They were a developmental promotion. But WWE says that only one of the four wrestlers who lived there is currently under contract (Knox obviously)

Advertisement