Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Illustrator CS...where to learn / get help?

• 07-04-2008 9:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I was just wondering if anyone could tell me of any books or websites that are good for learning the basics of Illustrator CS?

Basically, I would like to use it for my project presentations (architecture) in college. I believe it is a better programme to use than photoshop as it can make the drawings into a vector based one ete etc. I have used photoshop for very basic stuff up to now. But as I am coming up to my thesis, i feel it would be good to get to grips with illustrator beforehand!

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

Some pretty handy tutorials here.

Something to get you started anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Countryripple

Sorry, where?

Ive bought the Illustrator for Dummies book........hopefully will learn a bit from that. But if people have first hand advice on things they have used to hone their skills that is great.

Thanks

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Looks like the link is missing there I'm LOST.

I find websites like Creative Cow good. There is also the Illustrator wiki
    http://wikivid.com/index.php/Illustrator

Also have a look here:
    http://www.adobe.com/designcenter/video_workshop/
    its mostly CS3 stuff but its much the same for the basics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

5uspect wrote: »
    Looks like the link is missing there I'm LOST.
    Sorry, where?

>.<

Fixed now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Lynda.com is brilliant for tutorials

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭crybaby

yup well worth paying the full fee for membership to lynda.com that way you can brush up on both the illustrator and photoshop skills

Advertisement