Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Podcast Up Now

Options

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

[hijack]I'm working on a Boardsies Abroad segment that will either be incorporated into the main podcast or put up seperately.

So far I have 4 victims willing to be interviewed - anyone else not based in Ireland want to be in an over Skype podcast? Send me a PM with an email address as I'm setting up a mailing list at the moment.[/hijack]

In other news I couldn't listen the podcast all afternoon. I tried from about 11 onwards and various intervals but it wouldn't download or play for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Just listened to it now. Very good. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

I might be interested in the Abroad Podcast. Would depend on time zones and work etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Loving the introduction, MY FRIEND!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

PSI wrote: »
    I might be interested in the Abroad Podcast. Would depend on time zones and work etc.
    Well I'm temping at the moment which means there are days I am not working, so all time zones suit me as I can stay up late or call people in the middle of the afternoon and so on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Well I'm temping at the moment which means there are days I am not working, so all time zones suit me as I can stay up late or call people in the middle of the afternoon and so on.

hehe cool. I'm 7-9 hours behind you depending on the day and finish work around 7pm. Prob suit best early morning for you and 1-2am for me. But let me know when you guys are setting up. My skype is a bit sketchy in Cali, but my CO connection rocks so should work well from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Just listened to it now, bit of craic, wp!

My favourite line: "Obviously that's why you don't see many cowboy photographers!" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Interesting stuff, liked the unusual introduction.

I think the podcast would benefit if you roughly set out what you're going to talk about for the next half hour. It can be hard to stay tuned to just a random, wandering informal chat about boards when you have no idea where its going.

I think it would be pretty funny doing one of these. Would I be allowed to swear?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Sangre wrote: »
    Interesting stuff, liked the unusual introduction.

I think the podcast would benefit if you roughly set out what you're going to talk about for the next half hour. It can be hard to stay tuned to just a random, wandering informal chat about boards when you have no idea where its going.

I think it would be pretty funny doing one of these. Would I be allowed to swear?

In fairness tbh wanted to do that... but my stream of consciousness is a hard thing to keep in check..

Hopefully the next one will be less scattered.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

PSI wrote: »
    Just what 6th's ego need, the first 3rd of a podcast to be about him.

It should have been more!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Enjoyed the podcast, pity the levels were off a bit. I vote for 6th being allowed to defend himself in a future podcast! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Put Sangre on the next one!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

As a relativel n00b I must say I enjoyed the podcast, looking forward to the next one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

Monkeynews ftw

oooh... chimpanzee that!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

As a relativel n00b I must say I enjoyed the podcast, looking forward to the next one

n00b? Far from it. You're here almost two years. Consider yourself part of the gang.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭ondafly

cheers for the podcast lads. got a good laugh out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

The link on podcasts.boards.ie is dead - 1GB Bandwidth Exceeded. Given that's what the site-wide announcement links to, anyone want to fix it? :)

And one other thing! If you try to subscribe to the boards podcast via itunes, it 404's :/

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

DesF wrote: »
    Just saw that about Opera.

But anyway, here's the rapidshare link.

http://rapidshare.com/files/105695454/podcast.mp3.html
    The CMS that powers the podcast is a few versions behind I believe...

the latest version is LoudBlog 0.8.0a.

Direct link to the file on my website is here:

http://savemymonkey.com/boards-podcast-2008-04-06-72593.mp3
    Stephen wrote: »
    The link on podcasts.boards.ie is dead - 1GB Bandwidth Exceeded. Given that's what the site-wide announcement links to, anyone want to fix it? :)

Tried the links above?

• Advertisement

I should be able to fix most of those issues.

I'll link it back to my web server... it seemed to be giving some people problems but at least it had bigger bandwidth.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,908 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I'll upload a copy to my webserver later too and post the link...

.. my bandwidth is hardly strained! :D

Oh I already got it, I was just letting ye know that the main link was broken :)

Well that's about 2 gigs of downloads so far...

Anyone care to do the maths?

** chewing on pencil while staring at a notepad **

Carry the 1...

.. denominator..

.. I'm not great at Maths but I worked out it out at about 14,000,000 downloads.

Good job lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

60?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

2 gigabytes = 2 048 megabytes
    each podcast is 33megabytes

62 downloads give or take, nice one sherifu :)

Pffft.. I wasn't far off!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

Nice mention of the Lounge there lads, :) and mk i will find your account! Can we get one of the women in there next time?

• Advertisement

Jules wrote: »
    Nice mention of the Lounge there lads, :) and mk i will find your account! Can we get one of the women in there next time?

I could put on a womans voice and pretend to be my secret female alt account if you like...

Advertisement