Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nokia N95 & VW Car Kit

• 07-04-2008 10:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 984 ✭✭✭

I switched over to 3 a few days ago and got the Nokia N95 mobile.

Mobile works fine except when I am in the car. I create the pairing fine but when it has finished, I loose all signal on the phone and cannot port my contact list into the car. The car kit is the VW Premium integrated kit.

I have deleted pairing and re-paired a number of times but the problem persists.

Does anyone have any ideas what else I can try?

D

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Looks like its not compatable my uncles N95 wont work in his Ford Focus car kit but his old phone will.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,352 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Update the n95 firmware to v21 as it has improvements in the bluetooth. I too have problems sometimes with mine not synching the contacts and others. Flaky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Dummy

Jimmy,

I have run the Nokia software installer on the phone but it tells me that I am using the current release which is v12.03.013.

My wife has the same phone and I am going to try hers at lunchtime to see if that connects.

D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Dummy

Jimmy,

Where did you get v21 from - my Nokia software update program is still saying that i am using the current version v12.

The web is full of info about this v21 but cannot find it yet. Did u use the Nokia software update program to update the s/ware?

D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭Brianb8802

The reason its not updating is because you have a branded software. As in its a vodafone or O2 version. Before you can update the firmware you need to debrand the phone. This can done very easily, either by yourself or by a nokia store. There is a big thread in the forum about debranding the vodafone n95. Should have all the info you need in there

• Advertisement
Advertisement