Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Natural Gas Pressure?

• 07-04-2008 10:47am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭

Hey folks!

Does anybody know what pressure bord gais deliver gas to houses at? I need to spec a flowmeter to monitor fuel consumption and don't know what pressure to quote.
    I have seen 20mbar mentioned in some boiler manuals but this seems very low? is this a gauge pressure or something?

Cheers lads,

crisco10

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Have you tried contacting them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭Irjudge1

As far as I know general distribution pressure is 4 Bar. Transmission pressure between AGI's is 19 or 70 Bar.

BUT as Kearnsr says check with Bord Gais.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

As far as I know BGE give developers a booklet on this kind of thing. I dont have one any more but I'm fairly sure I had it in the past

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭crisco10

Irjudge1 wrote: »
    As far as I know general distribution pressure is 4 Bar. Transmission pressure between AGI's is 19 or 70 Bar.

BUT as Kearnsr says check with Bord Gais.

i emailed them but alas no response so far...:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

From memory they test domestic gas installations to twice the normal pressure with Air and leave it sitting at that pressure to make sure there is no leaks, i think this is done to 10bar, so 4 bar sounds about right for the supply pressure.

Maybe if you ask over on the DIY forum a plumber/gas fitter would know...

• Advertisement
Advertisement