Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Remote Control model Cars

• 07-04-2008 11:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭

I have a 13 year old who wants to buy a good RC model car (not the Smyths toyshop types!) Anybody have good links to Irish or UK sites with good value? Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

Theres a family dealing from their home on the southside of Dublin.

http://www.greenhobbymodel.com/Product.html

nice bloke to deal with and they have loads of stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

Yeah good place especially for planes but they have lots of cars too. Crumlin side of Harolds Cross.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

This is a good place to start for advice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

This is a good place to start for advice.
    There's also a good spot on the old airport road, a nice big place dedicated to all this, so you can walk in and look around. Not sure how you'll find them for prices, I was too young to know when I was into it all, but they also hold friendly competitions every Sunday on a track they have there as well. It's a nice little community and the lads were all friendly.

http://www.boyztoys.ie/

One point I will make is not to take it too lightly, these things are hard to control and take a fair bit of getting used to, and it's not a huge leap from actual car maintenance in terms of looking after and servicing the thing. I set the air-fuel ratio WAY off once, just about blew up the engine! Fun though ;)

Advertisement