Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What's your opinion on the KIA Sedona?

Options
  • 07-04-2008 11:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi out there,

Just wondering what the general opinion is on the KIA Sedona, good or bad? what are it's quirks? what are it's positives? is it thirsty?

Cheers
    :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

My dad drives a Sedona (Executive, Auto) Taxi, its a 2001 with around 120k miles now, its very big and spacious inside so if you've got a large family i'd recommend it. He's had no trouble with the engine (regular services). The car is not very fast though (which is understandable due to it's size).

The only problem he had was that the windows at the very back bent in the wind. The fix involved taking them off and putting a mallet to the bracket on the inside(under the upolstery) so it was done in 20 mins (no need for a mechanic!).

Another Taxi friend has a 2003 which had it's fan-belt snap and in the process snapped the timing belt (apparently!). I don't know if that one has been as well maintained though.

If there's no need for 7 seats and a rake of space, a larger saloon or estate would be better in almost every respect imo.

wrt to MPG, it works out at around 35 MPG iirc.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

A to B transport for a troop of people. 2.9 litre turbo diesel is an old Merc engine afaik.

Kia brought alot of crew cab versions in to Ireland around 2003. A friend of mine had one. The third row of seats were removed and the rear windows were blanked out. Still managed to transport 5 people in comfort with lots of room for their lugage. It was taxed as a commerical vehicle too.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Dysman

Thanks for that guys, I guess if the engine is a Merc then is should be good (or maybe not)? It's the comercial one I would be interesed in.

Any other comments out there?

Advertisement