Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enamel peeling off bath

Options
  • 07-04-2008 11:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi, can anyone help me with this one. Moved into our house about a year ago. Have lovely old fashioned bath. The enamel on it has recently started to peel which looks horrible. So my question is - is there a product that I can use to get all the peeling enamel off (it seems to be a thin layer and I suspect that the previous owner treated the bath originally and this is what is peeling off?) and after that is there a type of paint or some product that I can use to paint onto the bath to make it look nice again. (Sorry really battled to explain myself here as have never done any diy before!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Donal94

There was a company doing demonstrations in shopping centres a while ago, they re-enamel the whole bath for you. I don't think its too expensive. I can't remember the name but I'll have a look and get back to you if I find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Donal94

I found this company with google there too worth a read

http://www.tubbyuk.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Shelby

Thank you Donal94 I really appreciate that - I think I might try that product.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ardfhearta

:confused:I have the same problem with bath, and am considering my options. I would love to know if the product worked.

Advertisement