Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boradband options in Drumcondra, Dublin 9

Options
  • 07-04-2008 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Just moved to Drumcondra in Dublin 9 and am looking for advice on my broadband options. I'm living in Millmount area of Drumcondra.
    - Xbox Live gaming. This is what I use it most for.
    - Bit of downloading of films/tv show. But not a lot so doubt I'll ever go over any cap.
    - VPN sessions to work. Work from home one day every 2 weeks so reliability is fairly important.

NTL - do not provide here (surprised at this as thought this would be a prime area for them to supply)
    Eircom - would have to pay connection fee of approx E120 plus line rental.
    Digiweb - Metro Home option 6Mb/512k. Connection fee of E99 (that was the case last week but just checked their new look website and I see no mention of a conection fee). But no line rental.

Digiweb is the leading option for me. Anyone use it in the Drumcondra area?
    Would there be problems with ping on Digiweb which would hinder my Xbox Live gaming experience?

Advertisement