Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cubase and mic question

Options
  • 07-04-2008 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭

Hi,

My friend has cubase and got a Samson CU30 USb mic. He wanted to use it with Cubase.. But it's not working.

The mic is working in Windows XP and it's coming out the speakers.

but we cant get anything working via Cubase.

any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

I found a decent article on setting up your audio inputs on Cubase here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

thanks i'll try it.

Hi

I tried that but it's not the same setup that we have. I didnt post it but we are running Cubase SX 2.2,

we dont have the Audiolab option.

We have tried alot of different things but it's not showing up at all.
    The Mic is working in windows tho. I've ran the windows tests and i can hear myself over the speakers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Ah ok. I can't really remember that far back. If you click the Devices menu it might be the VST Connections item, if there is one? Basically you need to select your mic's driver from the relevant drop-down menu. Then open an audio track and select the mic as the input device there, from the drop-down menu to the left of the main arrange Window.

i cant find the mic in any of the selection. i check them all.. So i really dont know what to do lol.. it's like cubase is not finding the mic

• Advertisement
Advertisement